Street Fighter 4

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Street Fighter 4.

Unread postby Marc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Is....is C. Viper meant to be Rock Howard?
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Marc wrote:Is....is C. Viper meant to be Rock Howard?

Yes.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:04 pm

SNK characters in a Street Fighter game? Nonsense!

Although I'll give you the fact that Viper is pretty much an SNK character anyway...
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 am

You guys missed the REALLY cool stuff.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3875/chunlir.jpg
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:10 am

I just got this game, and I suck. Well, I suck at fighting games in general, but there's something about this game that continually punishes me. I spent 15 mins trying to beat Zangief at normal difficulty. Almost the same amount for Seth.

I can't figure out how to do those ultra combos though. I should probably read the manual, but I've had no luck with it.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Master Still Water » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:08 am

Mikhail wrote:I just got this game, and I suck. Well, I suck at fighting games in general, but there's something about this game that continually punishes me. I spent 15 mins trying to beat Zangief at normal difficulty. Almost the same amount for Seth.

I can't figure out how to do those ultra combos though. I should probably read the manual, but I've had no luck with it.

For Ultra combos, you need at least 50% of your 'Revenge' meter filled. The more you put in, the more damage you dish out.

Have you been using focus attacks? They're great for countering and setting up the opponent for a super or ultra combo. Try charging and releasing one as your opponent is trying to get up (a little trick that works wonders online :devil: )
In nine years' time things start to waste;
In thirteen years there isn't a trace.
Heaven sends things where they're due;
The mudbound dragon mounts the blue.

-From Master Stillwater to Liu Xuande
Master Still Water
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Master Still Water wrote:Try charging and releasing one as your opponent is trying to get up (a little trick that works wonders online :devil: )

Risky move, as if you're playing against anyone with an armour break move, they can do it on wakeup and give you a world of hurt. I'd suggest charging one and then backdashing out of it instead, in order to bait your opponent into doing whatever so that you can then punish it.
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:15 pm

This game is so frustrating on single player which is making me dread the prospect of playing online. I couldn't beat Seth as Ken on medium (normal?) difficulty so I decided to start again, as Ryu on Easy. Wouldn't you know it, Zangief is one of the fighters that he has to face and he's even worse than Seth. He goes through my hadokens, throws me all around the stage and generally just whoops me without even breaking a sweat

I don't know how I managed to get through Zagat's arcade mode. Seems like so long ago, and I just did it yesterday...
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Xiahou Mao » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Marc wrote:Risky move, as if you're playing against anyone with an armour break move, they can do it on wakeup and give you a world of hurt. I'd suggest charging one and then backdashing out of it instead, in order to bait your opponent into doing whatever so that you can then punish it.

It doesn't even have to be someone with an armour break move. Special moves performed while you're standing up from being knocked down count as Reversals, and automatically get armour-breaking properties. This allows moves like Ryu's Shoryuken to break through a Focus Attack even though it normally couldn't.
Xiahou Mao -- True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Pei Yuan Shao -- Sex Icon of the Three Kingdoms!
SimRTK
Xiahou Mao
Sexy boy, Pei!

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:28 pm

On a controller, I usually press down, forward, down, forward L1to do my ultra.

I suck at the game too, and also had trouble with Zangief and Seth on normal. And I usually play Dan. :( At least with Ryu and Sakura, you can jump away and spam hadokens at GIEF.

I did beat them though. My ultra really helped.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven