Chrono Trigger DS

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Chrono Trigger DS

Unread postby James » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:48 am

Kong Wen wrote:FFIV.

THe FFIV remake kicks ass. I've been playing it for a few weeks now (in Japanese) and I can't wait to play through again in English. They did a marvelous job of transitioning from the sprite-based version to 3D. I'm really impressed.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:41 am

James wrote:THe FFIV remake kicks ass. I've been playing it for a few weeks now (in Japanese) and I can't wait to play through again in English. They did a marvelous job of transitioning from the sprite-based version to 3D. I'm really impressed.

There is an awesome FFIV ad in the back of the Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon booklet. Awesome. I can't wait to play it. It's one game that'll jump the queue and be played immediately.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 am

Yea God 2 weeks from today it'll be in stores, I'm gonna be playin this the minute I get it until it's done.

Are you going to finish the J version by then James?
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:07 pm

I should form a queue too. :lol:

At least that way I wouldn't forget about great games I want to play...

Lordyuanshu wrote:Are you going to finish the J version by then James?

Depends on clients, honesty! When they cancel on me I usually goof off and play FFIV instead. And Metal Gear Solid 4, that incredibly kick-ass game, has been completed, so there's no other games competing for my attention right now. I'm a pretty decent way in -- I've just arrived at the sealed cave. A few good runs and I'll be looming about on Zeromus' doorstep.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jong Quo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm glad they are porting this, as I don't think it came out over here at all.....well, I don't remember ever seeing it in the shops. I just hope they release it here.
Favourite DW 4 Quotes:
Wei Yan: Death... Impossible!
Dong Zhou: Another Insect, Crushed!!
Dian Wei: Alright, Who's Next!!
Huang Zhong: Another victory for Huang Zhong!!
Jong Quo
Langzhong

Unread postby James » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Jong Quo wrote:I'm glad they are porting this, as I don't think it came out over here at all.....well, I don't remember ever seeing it in the shops. I just hope they release it here.

Chrono Trigger? Oh yeah, they will. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Ts'aoist » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Jong Quo wrote:I'm glad they are porting this, as I don't think it came out over here at all.....well, I don't remember ever seeing it in the shops. I just hope they release it here.

Even if they don't you can import it.
DS is region free.
The ancient adepts of Wei were subtle and flexible, profound and comprehensive.
Their minds were too deep to be fathomed.
Ts'ao Te Ching, Ch. 15
Ts'aoist
Master

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Niahak wrote:Wow. With a list like that you might want to consider The Backloggery. I've found it pretty nice to use so far (although I've gotten / played few games since I started using it).

I've thought about it, but I think there's an aspect of fun in keeping track of stuff myself that might help keep me better organized.

James wrote:At least that way I wouldn't forget about great games I want to play...

Hard to forget if they're staring you in the face at all times! The queue is helpful for me because I have all these games sitting around on my shelf and it reminds me which ones I have been interested in enough to put on a list. ;)
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:07 am

I heard they made a port of Valkyrie Profile for PSP. I never played that game, but heard it was great. I'd rather see a port of it remade for the DS than one of Chrono Trigger, which I've already played. :/ :/ :/

I kinda hate ports anyways, unless they're ports of games that I haven't played.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lordyuanshu » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:35 am

See it's the opposite for me, I have a hard time getting excited about an older port unless I played the game in the past and have the nostalgia going for me.

Valkyrie Profile is a fun game :) Got that for PS1, I don't think I beat it but I got to the end of the second disc..
Lordyuanshu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven