Chrono Trigger DS

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Chrono Trigger DS

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Sima Kev wrote:Psssh! Who needs teamwork. Magus was too cool for teamwork. I just thought he was a total badass. I always liked his type of character in games, and I always hate heroes too. Bizarre.

Heheh. :twisted:

He was also another way your choices in the game affected the game itself. Chrono Trigger was one of the first multiple-ending games and he was the optional character. That a major villain could join your party depending on how you choose to fight him is one of the reasons it's such an awesome game... and you needed to be able to get a representative from the kingdom of magic somehow! :mrgreen:
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:03 am

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/9946/lavos1mm.jpg

I think this guy was the best character in Chrono Trigger, frankly. Hop into a different teleporter at the beginning? Congrats, you get to fight all the game's bosses and then Lavos. You probably won't even make it past two.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:10 am

Ah, Lavos. What a coll theme song you have! And what an amazing name... but I personally prefer Chrono's cat. If not for him, the game would never have been!

Spekkio and the Nus are pretty darn cool, themselves...
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby memeo » Wed May 25, 2011 9:49 am

I havent made them into lv99 yet... but this game is excellent... and the song is good also in that era
memeo
Assistant

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven