Chrono Trigger DS

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Chrono Trigger DS

Unread postby James » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Yeah Slick... I think perhaps we just grew up with a different generation of games. :)

I can't bring myself to say anything bad about CT -- or its characters. And that was also from the era when the hero who is given personality in your imagination was standard. Suikoden started this way, and Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2 are legendary in terms of their coolness ratios.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Shah Muhammad III » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:07 pm

I for one hate FF but i do love CT i have played a few square and enix rpgs, but i like earthbound better although most characters in classic rpgs don't have that much personalilty save for a few.
Denn du bist was du isst Und ihr wisst was es ist ,stein um stein mauer ich dich ein
Shah Muhammad III
Academic

Unread postby Kong Wen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:00 am

I don't see how anyone can say Magus wasn't a good character. In addition to being damn cool, he was one early example of subtle and complex character development.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Shah Muhammad III » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:52 am

Kong Wen i wholeheartedly agree with you he was cool had a good back story and could still say something funny like when he asks frog if he has kissed any princesses lately and still be bad@$$.
Denn du bist was du isst Und ihr wisst was es ist ,stein um stein mauer ich dich ein
Shah Muhammad III
Academic

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 am

I have to say that Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorite games (along with FFVI, but I haven't played FFIV enough to really have an opinion on it). Weirdly enough, I like SNES sprites. I really hope the DS game does the original justice, but if it doesn't, I still have the PS1 release!
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Kong Wen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:19 am

Shu Ryorin wrote:I have to say that Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorite games (along with FFVI, but I haven't played FFIV enough to really have an opinion on it). Weirdly enough, I like SNES sprites. I really hope the DS game does the original justice, but if it doesn't, I still have the PS1 release!

Fortunately for you, the graphics should be unchanged. This DS version will make the PS1 version obsolete because it will remove the load times.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:55 am

Most excellent! :P One more reason for me to get a DS!
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:20 am

Has it already out? since I can't find it anywhere.... :?
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:44 am

Kong Wen wrote:I don't see how anyone can say Magus wasn't a good character. In addition to being damn cool, he was one early example of subtle and complex character development.

He was the antithesis of teamwork. His presence, as well as Crono's luminaire, usually made triple techs redundant.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Sima Kev » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Ranbir wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:I don't see how anyone can say Magus wasn't a good character. In addition to being damn cool, he was one early example of subtle and complex character development.

He was the antithesis of teamwork. His presence, as well as Crono's luminaire, usually made triple techs redundant.

Psssh! Who needs teamwork. Magus was too cool for teamwork. I just thought he was a total badass. I always liked his type of character in games, and I always hate heroes too. Bizarre.
You dare to resist fate? Then you dare to die!
Fools! Return to dust!
天下布武
Sima Kev
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven