March Madness!!!!

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

March Madness!!!!

Unread postby Sun Mantian » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Who is going to win? Who was the best team left out? Who are you rooting for? Tell us!
I am a cipher wrapped in an enigma smothered in secret sauce
Sun Mantian
Student

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:03 am

omg I can't believe the first round starts tomorrow. I plan to watch from noon on well into the night. I pay no attention to college basketball until the tournament actually starts so I won't embarrass myself with picks. First round matchups that catch my eye are Kansas St. vs. USC (Beasley vs. Mayo), Stanford vs. Cornell (nerd fight!!), Notre Dame vs. George Mason, and maybe Baylor...'Nova... and Drake.

P.S. Syracuse: you're fired.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:38 am

I don't believe I have ever had less interest in the NCAA Tournament than this year. Only thing that keeps me remotely interested in college basketball right now is following UNC and Georgetown now that LSU is in their second year of suckyness :D
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Lexus Fiend wrote:I don't believe I have ever had less interest in the NCAA Tournament...now that LSU is in their second year of suckyness :D

Billy Donovan knows how you feel, supposedly he can't handle being relegated to the NIT this year, he's been trashing his players, banning them from practice, what a maniac...

Day 1 top teams:
1. UCLA
2. Pittsburgh
3. Xavier

Top cheerleaders:
1. USC
2. Georgia
3. Arizona
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:32 am

Some great upsets today, decided in overtime to boot!

Day 2 top team nicknames:
1. Hilltoppers
2. Tar Heels
3. Torreros

Top announcers:
1. Bill Raftery
2. Bill Raftery
3. Bill Raftery
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:18 pm

The tournament is so awesome this year; I'm watching the first game of the Elite Eight. Xavier has a great ability to stay close in games, obviously it's served them well to this point. I hope they go down to the wire vs. UCLA.

Stephen Curry — spectacular
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby azn099 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Texas vs Memphis today come on Longhorns!
azn099
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Memo to "Earth Hour" organizers: don't schedule your dopey events during the second half of an Elite Eight game. Thank you.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:46 pm

Awesome, awesome finish to the Elite Eight. I loved Davidson so much. Their players always gave such an effort, their coach seemed so kind and fatherly, not like these maniacs who run around screaming and looking like their insides are riddled with oozing, festering ulcers. Stephen Curry gave such great performances, he just didn't have his best today. I like UCLA to win.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: March Madness!!!!

Unread postby Liao Ce » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:24 am

Are there enough people interested in this for us to do an official "Scholars of Shen Zhou NCAA tournament picks" competition? If so, post a response and we'll try to get something going before Tuesday.

My team (Alabama) didn't make it and is in the NIT as a no.1 seed. Sometimes I actually think that's for the best tho. Rather then make the NCAA and get put out in the 1st or 2nd round, we are going to the NIT, a tournament we can actually win. :lol:
I wonder... which would you rather see your team do?
Liao Ce
Academic

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven