Elder scrolls?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Elder scrolls?

Unread postby Adam » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Minor irritation doing the thieves guild quest line.

Minor spoiler
At one point you go on a quest with the guild master, in the dungeon he constantly chastises you for being too loud and tells you to watch out for traps. A few chambers in there's an obviously trapped door, which he points out telling you to be careful of it.
I pull the chain to open the door while he decides to step in front of the chain right where the spikes swing into him.
Next room he's still whining about me being loud etc. I notice a tripwire ahead but before I get to it I see a chest (or something, can't quite recall but it interested me), so I wander over to it and suddenly here a noise...I turn back to find the idiot has decided to walk into the trip wire, which has managed to wake up several draugr Deathlords etc.
This would be far less irritating if he weren't constantly complaining about how you suck at being stealthy and how you should avoid traps. -.-
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Nazne » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Adam wrote:Minor irritation doing the thieves guild quest line.

Minor spoiler
At one point you go on a quest with the guild master, in the dungeon he constantly chastises you for being too loud and tells you to watch out for traps. A few chambers in there's an obviously trapped door, which he points out telling you to be careful of it.
I pull the chain to open the door while he decides to step in front of the chain right where the spikes swing into him.
Next room he's still whining about me being loud etc. I notice a tripwire ahead but before I get to it I see a chest (or something, can't quite recall but it interested me), so I wander over to it and suddenly here a noise...I turn back to find the idiot has decided to walk into the trip wire, which has managed to wake up several draugr Deathlords etc.
This would be far less irritating if he weren't constantly complaining about how you suck at being stealthy and how you should avoid traps. -.-

Major Spoiler
You get to repay that irritation at least tenfold by the end of the questline. Shooting him full of ice spikes was satisfying, to say the least.
先主復領益州牧,諸葛亮為股肱,法正為謀主,關羽、張飛、馬超為爪牙,許靖、麋竺、簡雍為賓友。
- 蜀书二 先主传
Nazne
Master

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 am

I can't wait for the future of Skyrim:

http://youtu.be/AYOFLqItuW4

99% of that is so legit to have in some future content, we -have- to have it. Just too good.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 am

Will that be added as plug-ins or as another separate game, just re-released as a marketing ploy?
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

That is the jam session, just whatever idea the staff wanted to try out within one week. Hopefully we can hope most of these cool features get added.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm hoping for a 360 version of the creation kit. Its probably still a ways off if they can even get approval for it. I'm still holding out hope that we get that to tide me over til some DLC comes my way.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:56 am

Given this game's success, I can't wait for the next instalment. Hopefully, by then, they will include more than one province, though on a smaller scale. It would be nice to revisit Cyrodil.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ah-Man » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 am

I wanna see the Black Marsh in the next game. I just find the Argonians so interesting.
Ah-Man
Academic

Unread postby Shen Ai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 am

Black Marsh would be good, but they already have a plot with the whole Thalmor war and the banning of Talos worship. If it was set again in a new, war torn Cyrodil, they could do a revolution and war main story line against the Thalmor.

Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:09 am

The first trailer for the Skyrim DLC "Dawnguard" was released today. Looks like Vampirism is headed north. 20 bucks for the new DLC sounds great, hopefully its on par with at least Shivering Isles, though i would be much happier if it was Bloodmoon sized.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven