Mount & Blade

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Mount & Blade

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:43 pm

I've been in the beta group for Warband for a while. Check earlier posts on my thoughts, it is extremely fun. The fact the game is built from ground up around this style of play gives it an edge over the melee-mods found usually from FPS games.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby mrbeate » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Anyone know any good mods working for 1.011?
Smoke, drink, relieve my stress
mrbeate
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Sword of Damocles is a good one.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Finally conquered the whole map (as Khergits). Supporting the claimant early on turned out to be a good move, since from that point on, all the lords on your side follow your orders. And it sure is nice to be able to claim any town you capture for yourself!

Gained much respect for the Rhodok soldier and his humble but very effective weapon, the club-with-a-nail-in-it. Someday, Kodos, the humans will make a club with a nail so big it will destroy them all.
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 am

So I've been on Warband a lot the past few days on one of the best mods around called Brytenwalda. A lot of great enhancements, least of all the improved AI.

Whole chunk of screenies I took about it:

I'm the red kingdom, but my 'Right to Rule' stat is low so not many kingdoms are taking me seriously yet.

Also think it is worth mentioning this new mod called Battle Time. It is being integrated into many mods but also can be applied to native too. Essentially what it does is, while you play single player, any battle you enter can be made into a multi-player co-op battle. So your single player story can now have you assisted by your friends!

As always, it is very silly to ignore mods for this game. They enhance every aspect and have something for everyone. Check them out!
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sat May 05, 2012 5:08 am

Finally got the game... i feel ive waited way too long and i fear that i will barely scratch the game before War Of Roses comes out.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rcsha » Thu May 17, 2012 6:24 pm

I've just recently started playing the Nordic Invasion mod for Warband. I've garnering quite a bit of enjoyment out of it. :D
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sun May 27, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm waiting on pins and needles for the game of thrones mod that is currently being worked on. Just the armor they have in the mod looks like it will be worth the wait. Heres the link to the page

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194575.0.html
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven