Scholars on WoW...

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Scholars on WoW...

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Fri May 08, 2009 1:32 am

My problem with vehicles is it makes things too easy. Wintergrasp is so ridiculously easy on offense its not even funny. We took WG in 1 minute and 30 seconds last night. They need to balance out that fight a little more. I want an epic battle for that place, not a 2 minute skirmish.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Fri May 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Separation Anxiety wrote:My problem with vehicles is it makes things too easy. Wintergrasp is so ridiculously easy on offense its not even funny. We took WG in 1 minute and 30 seconds last night. They need to balance out that fight a little more. I want an epic battle for that place, not a 2 minute skirmish.

Oh I know. The state of PvP to me is just depressing now. I went a complete 180 after wrath. I was so excited when I hit 80 for all the new pvp content, but it turned out to be a flop really. Its just a bunch of pally-dk face-rolling in battlegrounds and the servers about die when WG goes live (though I will admit its gotten sooo much better recently).
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri May 08, 2009 7:43 pm

I quit WoW PvP once I started playing Warhammer Online. WoW's PvP is a joke.

As for PvE vehicle fights, I think it just adds a different, fun angle to things.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Fri May 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Rhiannon wrote:I quit WoW PvP once I started playing Warhammer Online. WoW's PvP is a joke.

Very true. But I still want to scream defector! jk.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sat May 09, 2009 1:59 am

The best thing about WoW pvp is that they "balance" around PVP yet the game is a PVE game. Its really getting to me. I'm all for some balance but when your paladin can tank the best, heal awesomely and through out the highest dps theres an issue. A rogue should stomp a pally in melee dps. There should be classes with focused skills or jack of all trades.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:25 pm

The new expantion seems interesting. Im happy that blizzard finally decided to improve its classic content rather than just stick new bits and pieces. Im not too big on having new races, because I felt that 10 was enough. Ill wait and see before making a final opinion.
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:27 pm

I like the idea of new races. It doesnt really hurt the game having more, and it gives fresh low level territories and 100% new leveling quests. I just dont like the idea that the horde gets screwed 2 times in a row. Worgen druids will be the new blood elf paladins. We are going to see them everywhere in massive numbers. I just cant wait til you can either do a paid faction change or a betrayer quest or something so i can have my horde worgen.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:01 am

One of the things that saddens me the most is that Thrall will no longer be leader of the Horde (according to several sources), since he will become the new gardian.

I am a fan of Warcraft's lore since the days if Tides of Darkness and to see the Horde fall under the leadership of Garrosh Hellscream is taking a lot of the Horde's soul away. Thrall was undoubtably the best character of the Warcraft universe and this new change could turn the horde back in the role of the "evil" faction, which it avoided since Warcraft III.
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:43 am

Antiochus wrote:One of the things that saddens me the most is that Thrall will no longer be leader of the Horde (according to several sources), since he will become the new gardian.

I am a fan of Warcraft's lore since the days if Tides of Darkness and to see the Horde fall under the leadership of Garrosh Hellscream is taking a lot of the Horde's soul away. Thrall was undoubtably the best character of the Warcraft universe and this new change could turn the horde back in the role of the "evil" faction, which it avoided since Warcraft III.

I agree with this entirely.

As far as new the new races go, from a practicality stand-point Seperation Anxiety is correct I predict. From a fan of the game, fan of the lore, and long-time Horde member..giving us the Goblins is just insulting. I thought they struck a good balance with Dranei and BE's, but Goblins is basically just giving us our own version of the undesirable gnomes.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 am

I agree with the whole Thrall/Garrosh thing as well, but i highly doubt the rumors are true. They are not very far into this game yet and i doubt that world altering lore thats made up by about 3-4 people is not going to leak this early. The rest of the leak was true, but the lore leak seems to be a huge huge jump considering the amount of lore we knew before hand in Wotlk.

IMO for races Ogre would have been a much more practical decision for a new horde race. Or perhaps a new type of wolvar/oracle for horde and alliance each. Bloodthirsty worgen does not belong on the alliance. Bloodthirsty is bad news with someone like Varian Wrynn at the helm, with troops like the worgen its only a matter of time before his Hitler-esque goals are brought to fruition.

Then a whole other issue has appeared. Gilneas is very very close to horde capitals. It puts a capital right next to UC practically. You have to just go through silverpine and you're there. Flying mounts further complicate this. Luckily its fortified from above unlike all the other horde cities so people wont be able to drop in from the sky. Hopefully they will do an auto dismount when you enter horde/alliance only territories.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven