Scholars on WoW...

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Scholars on WoW...

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 pm

Separation Anxiety wrote:Thing is im nowhere near what anyone would call geared. I just replaced my last green last night (green trinket).

And 25 man VoA is a lot tougher now with the emalon fight in the mix, even in its nerfed stage.

Well then if you're not geared at all and pullin 2.3 then its no biggie. What can they really expect?

And you're right about Emalon as well, I find a lot of groups just knock out the original boss and bounce, hopefully it'll become routine soon to take down Emalon in pugs.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Wed May 06, 2009 2:06 am

Separation Anxiety wrote:Wow, apparently my DK that does 3k dps is a scrub. Some other DK told me i was a scrub for only pulling 3k in 25 man VOA on archavon. And that i didnt deserve the PVP chest that dropped cuz he did more damage (2.3k) while tanking. Man i am beginning to hate people more and more everyday.

Oh, psh. Considering my main server has a regular 2k+ DPS requirement for 25-Archavon, and that I usually only see 3-5 people in the 3k range, the guy's just a raging idiot. Besides, sounds like he can't do simple math.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Wed May 06, 2009 3:26 am

Yeah my faith in humanity is beginning to wane, not just because of wow, but it sure isnt helping. People seem to be getting dumber and dumber and requiring more outrageous things for instances. I almost always see people pugging 10 mans requiring 3k dps or something stupid. Earlier a guy was pugging 10 man maly. His LFG spam was PST with achieve, will armory and will require you to know the stage 3 rotation. Is it really hard to tell someone to go 1 1 2?
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Wed May 06, 2009 5:11 am

You have to require 3K DPS, because people don't know their DPS anymore, and think they do much higher than they do.

Trust me, I recently stopped leading a guild where people were just that dense sometimes. :?
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Wed May 06, 2009 11:46 am

Separation Anxiety wrote:Yeah my faith in humanity is beginning to wane, not just because of wow, but it sure isnt helping. People seem to be getting dumber and dumber and requiring more outrageous things for instances. I almost always see people pugging 10 mans requiring 3k dps or something stupid. Earlier a guy was pugging 10 man maly. His LFG spam was PST with achieve, will armory and will require you to know the stage 3 rotation. Is it really hard to tell someone to go 1 1 2?

I wouldn't be too offended when people ask for achievement, or at least armory you. I'm part of a small tight-knit guild and we generally have to pick up a few extras here and there. We armory everyone. Just as many times you you assert (and I agree) that there are some outrageous leaders out there, theres a bunch of fail-hungry idiots playing. No sense starting an instance with those people. Of course achievements and armorying people doesn't totally screen those out, but it reduces the amount of uselessness they can bring to the raid.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Thu May 07, 2009 1:45 am

Trust me, i totally understand the achievement or at the very least the armorying. But asking the frickin rotation on one of the simplest fights in the game?
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Thu May 07, 2009 5:06 pm

. . . sadly, my last guild spent weeks on Malygos and never got to phase 3.
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Thu May 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Rhiannon wrote:. . . sadly, my last guild spent weeks on Malygos and never got to phase 3.

Sorry ma'am. I've only accompanied other guilds to do it, but never had problems till phase 3. To me, its actually a fun encounter until phase 3. The second phase is fun, running to different shields and what not. But I've come to hate vehicle fights.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Thu May 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Don't like Flame Leviathan? I love that fight. But maybe that's because I get the chopper.
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Thu May 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Rhiannon wrote:Don't like Flame Leviathan? I love that fight. But maybe that's because I get the chopper.

See, honestly I hate vehicles in WoW. There are sometimes, like some of the solo quests in Northrend, where WoW made them alot of fun. But when it comes to boss encounters I detest them. While there are always successes, you almost guaranteeed a whipe on a pug Occulus or Malygos. Not to mention it triviliazes fights like Gun'Draks final boss. To add to that, I personally (and I might be in a minority here) do not like the way they've been implemented in PVP either. SOTA and its vehicles are just ridiculous, and Wintergrasp is a joke. That aspect doesn't bother me as much as PvP has lost all interest to me post-bc (which is strange because I never ran one heroic instance in BC, minus an occasional guild Kara run but instead PVPed the entire time in BC). But thats just me.

Anyway, back on topic, people seem to have alot of problems (in my experience) with Phase 3 and the vehicles than the other two phases. Just FYI: most of my Malygos experience is in 25, not 10.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven