Scholars on WoW...

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Scholars on WoW...

Unread postby Antiochus » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:53 pm

You may delete this if it already exist...

Is there any members of the forum that plays World of Warcraft? I was just wondering since I just got the game a week ago. If you do, we could always meet over there.

I got an Orc warrior named Lahire.
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:44 pm

I used to play on a Roleplaying Server and it was very cool. Not cool enough, however, for $10 a month!
Jer
Scholar

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:56 pm

I've been playing since July 2005, though I had quit from last September to March.
I don't play alot these days as I'm getting pretty bored of the game but I currently play on Duskwood server on alliance.
Durin - 70 Dwarf Priest
Lumiya - 43 Human Warlock

I've played horde as well on Draka (Eonwe - 60 Orc Rogue) and Moonrunner (Blackhorn - 60 Tauren Shaman) before the expansion was released.
I just play casual these days and plan to just pvp once I get my lock to 70. I used to raid last year before I quit and was in one of the top guilds on the server, which became the #1 guild in expansion, I've done server firsts and I'm pretty much sick of the raiding life.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Lu Xun » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:05 pm

I really don't play anymore, but I have a 70 Night Elf hunter (Drjones) on Spirestone and a 63 druid that I never really felt like playing after the expansion came out. My hunter used to be one of the best one the server, but I just kinda stopped playing. =x
性高潮枪
"Cheap sandal-maker! Do you always send your little bastard to the field?
If I call my little yellowbeard Cao Zhang over, he'll make meatballs of him!"
- Mengde
Lu Xun
Crown Prince of Shen Zhou

Location: Drinking wine, writing poems, and spending time with my concubines

Re: Scholars on WoW...

Unread postby Ricky » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:26 pm

Antiochus wrote:You may delete this if it already exist...

Is there any members of the forum that plays World of Warcraft? I was just wondering since I just got the game a week ago. If you do, we could always meet over there.

I got an Orc warrior named Lahire.

I got an orc as well. Called Sakichi, but I never play much though I dont do much either. :lol:
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm on a trial account just because of all the horrid things I've heard about it...now if I bash I can at least say I've played it.
So far it doesn't seem horrid...but then again I'm not paying anything at all to play it right now.
-亚当
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:18 pm

I can't imagine what you could have possibly heard about WoW that would be horrid. Extreme addicting properties aside it's a fabulously designed game. A bit ugly now if you're used to next gen but the game IS over two years old.
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby James » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:22 pm

Adam Sisemore wrote:I'm on a trial account just because of all the horrid things I've heard about it...now if I bash I can at least say I've played it.
So far it doesn't seem horrid...but then again I'm not paying anything at all to play it right now.

Wow… horrid things, really?

I’ve never really played myself, but when I did watch someone play, I was stunned by the graphics—little things, like the sun shimmering off rolling fields of wheat—and everything looked quite interesting.

I <i>don’t</i> play because…
1) Progress is slow, especially if you aren’t part of a larger group.
2) Many large missions require a group and thus, a guild.
3) To get far you must sink a great deal of time into the game.
4) WoW doesn’t pay the bills.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:54 pm

I play very casually, i have a level 28 undead warlock, a level 18 orc warrior (who i don't really use anymore), level 16 blood elf paladin, a level 10 human warrior, and a level 9 gnome mage.
I don't play very often though (as one can see by the levels) i have had the game for over a year. My mother plays more then i do as shown by her level 34 Drenai paladin and level 27 human warrior. I am on Gnomergon server. I am more of a solo player which stunts my progress as i dislike looking for other players to help me.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:32 pm

James wrote:1) Progress is slow, especially if you aren’t part of a larger group.
2) Many large missions require a group and thus, a guild.
3) To get far you must sink a great deal of time into the game.
4) WoW doesn’t pay the bills.

1) No, not at all. Generally for every 10 missions you get that are intended for you to perform solo you get 1 where you'll need one of two partners.
2)Other than this 1/10 mission you'll only need groups for dungeons, completely optional.
3) Technically yes. However the levlling content can be completely solo based and levelling to 70 will probably take you over 300 hours. That's 300 hours of solo content.
4) No doubt.

I should mention that each of my 3 level capped characters did so without guilds, I only applied to a guild after I had reached the level cap. If you play casually even as low as an hour a day you will likely never reach a roadblock in the game. Only powergamers ever really meet those.
Despite the whole outcry from a vocal minority of the community of "raid or die" or other crap, WoW is extremely casual friendly.
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven