Favorite Cutscene (games)

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:30 pm

Anything from Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Armed and Dangerous too

Go on, youtube some of their scenes. Magnificent.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:33 am

Jebusrocks wrote:That wasn't so good in English imo

I dunno, I liked it just fine.
It's rare that you find cutscenes able to portray the sort of emotion that one did.

One other I want to mention, the opening scene of Tekken 2 for PS1. That was really the first time a game company showed off what they could really do with CG cutscenes. Compare Tekken 2 to any other game of that time period and you'll see it simply blows it away. Not until a year later when FF7 came out did something top it.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Skode » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:07 pm

I remember being impressed with the opening scene from an old RPG game on the playstation called the Legend of Dragoon. It opens up with a town being inbaded, everybody getting slaughtered and the young heroine of the game being kidnapped. That was the first time i thought that graphics really are getting somthing special with cutscenes - thus it was followed up with the likes of the Final Fantasy 8 opening duel, another very good cutscene to open a game.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Davey Vengeance » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:34 pm

I really like alot of cutscenes, many of which became favourites.

Soul Calibur 2 and 3 opening movies: Soul Calibur has always been a series where ive been impressed by the graphics. My favourite part of the SC3 intro is when Nightmare is fighting an army and slaying rows of soldiers with one swing of his blade. In the SC2, its awesome when Mitsurugi runs along boats and attacks musketeers.

a few others are:
-The FF8 Opening with the duel
-The scene where Neclord plays the organ in suikoden 2
Forever X

Like Suikoden? Like RPing?
Then please come and join us at CASTLE NORTH WIND
Say Belcoot sent you...see you there. :)
Davey Vengeance
Scholar of Darkness

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Davey Vengeance wrote:In the SC2, its awesome when Mitsurugi runs along boats and attacks musketeers

IMO it was the scene directly after, where Nightmare was standing on the cliff as the camera rotated around him whith the music reaching it's peak. Great shot that was.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby FuguNabe » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:13 am

Speaking of Soul Calibur series we should forget the cutting edge for it's time intro CG for the PS version of Soul Edge. Pretty great for back then.

I don't know if someone has mentioned it yet or not the first Ninja Gaiden game for the Famicom (NES) really was amongst the pioneer of game cutscenes.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Unread postby Marc » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:52 am

The opening cutscene for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is pretty awesome. After that I wouldn't mind seeing it made into a CGI movie or something.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Jake » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:22 pm

Marc wrote:The opening cutscene for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is pretty awesome. After that I wouldn't mind seeing it made into a CGI movie or something.

I gotta agree with you, buddy. I have had the game for years, and it still get the hell out of me.
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rexkim » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:15 am

DMC 1

Dante: "I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO FILL YOUR DARKNESS WITH LIGGGGHHHHHHHHHHTTTTT!!"

lol his voice cracked. That was so funny.

My actual favourite is the DMC 3: SE where Vergil just kills like 20 demons like they were no problem.
rexkim
Student

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:11 am

Marc wrote:The opening cutscene for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is pretty awesome. After that I wouldn't mind seeing it made into a CGI movie or something.

yes, that was a decent opening, but I think, saying cutscenes, in C&C's beginning GDI Campaign scenario is pretty wicked.
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven