Favorite Cutscene (games)

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:01 pm

So, no one's choosing Krato's Sex scene?? Wow, this is totally different, the last forum had like 80% agree on it
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:12 pm

jebusrocks wrote:So, no one's choosing Krato's Sex scene?? Wow, this is totally different, the last forum had like 80% agree on it

Krato's is ugly, he doesn't deserve a sex scene. Well Im gonna have to say DW3 when Lu Bu fights the three brothers off, then leaves saying I have no time for the likes of you!! Or DT the first when Lu Bu and Zhang Fei fight it out!
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Exar Kun » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:24 pm

Lexus mentioned Aeris so instead I'll say the "Thousand Words" cutscene from FFX-2.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:42 pm

Exar Kun wrote:Lexus mentioned Aeris so instead I'll say the "Thousand Words" cutscene from FFX-2.

That wasn't so good in English imo
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby King Kong Zhou » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Lexus Fiend wrote:
King Kong Zhou wrote:Gotta go for the classics...

1) Final Fantasy VI - Cyan's despair when his wife and child depart on the Phantom Train.

Very, very good call on that one. That one certainally didn't spring to mind at first, but is certainally worth mentioning. I remember feeling Cyan's pain when watching that for the first time :cry:

Thanks! I thought that at least someone would agree with me on this!

FFVI had many great moments - like when Celes tries to commit suicide on the Solitary Island, that I was going to mention originally - but the Phantom Ttrain scene was so touching and so perfect that it has to be one of my favourites.

And about the mentioned "Kratos sex scene", would this be the one on the original God Of War, After you kill the Hydra and before you reach Athens? Because that scene means nothing in the game (it just shows a couple of half-naked ladies for a few seconds). I'd be surprised if that scene was a favourite in a forum like this...
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Sir Winston Churchill
King Kong Zhou
Changshi

Unread postby Skode » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 pm

The best was Mortal Kombat Armaggeden where all the fighters from the series converge and kick that absolute shite out of each other, even looking into the background you see them knocking the seven shades out of each other before the pyramid apears and they fight there way up if back stabbing each other and tossing other fighters off from a great height - i am very impressed with it.

Aerith dying in FFVII was a great scene too as i can honestly admit it brought a tear to my eye when i first saw it - the music was just so wonderful as it captured the sadness of the moment perfect :cry:
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby lessthanpleased » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:16 pm

Voting against Aeris' death is hard, in my opinion, largely because I didn't expect it at all.

But I've got to go with the opening of Final Fantasy XII or the scene from Warcraft III where Arthas sits atop the Frozen Throne. Final Fantasy XII's opening is great because it is essentially the designers showing off, and very well directed. Arthas' scene, however, was something that I not only did not expect but something that was incredibly satisfying on an emotional level.

So I guess I'm leaning towards Arthas for favorite, but it's a toss-up for which one I think is better.

-neal
lessthanpleased
Love Swami

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:16 am

And about the mentioned "Kratos sex scene", would this be the one on the original God Of War, After you kill the Hydra and before you reach Athens? Because that scene means nothing in the game (it just shows a couple of half-naked ladies for a few seconds). I'd be surprised if that scene was a favourite in a forum like this...

Really? I never played to game, so I had no idea what they were talking about :lol:

Tekken 4's intro is pretty good to
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhang Co » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:49 pm

My favourite cutscene in any game is the introduction to FFXII. I'd say it's one of the best intros I've ever seen, and looks spectacular. It is, as lessthanpleased has already said, just Square Enix showing off. But, I'll give it to them, they show off well.

Two other favourites of mine are the intro to Dawn Of War, where he plants the flag at the top of the hill and reinforcements come flying in, and the countless epic cutscenes in FFX involving Sin.
"I heard you got sisters, bow chicka, who are twins, wow wow." - Lavernius Tucker
Zhang Co
Initiate

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm

In FFX, when Tidus was departing,, :cry:
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven