Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Diamond/Pearl. Excited?

Hellz yes Zeke, I am!
71%
No, I think it looks crappy!
14%
I'm a bit too old for pokemon..
14%

Total votes : 28

Unread postby Aquinas » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:50 am

That would be Diamond.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:53 am

Can't import it yet.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Rhiannon » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:23 pm

I am going crazy trying to find a frigging Psyduck. Stupid 2% superrares..

Also, has anyone found any FAQs about fished pokemon? While the guide/pokedex on GameFAQs is wonderful, it completely eliminates fished pokemon (even saying Magikarp can't be caught in the wild!)
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Aquinas » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:12 pm

serebii.net is your best bet for that sort of information, but it is currently getting hammered and loads slow/fails to load. Old Rods will only catch you Magikarp and Feebas as far as I am aware. I've managed to (so far) catch Goldeen and Finneon with the Good Rod. Super Rod is, if I remember correctly, available on the last island which opens up after the elite four.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:57 pm

Rhiannon wrote:I am going crazy trying to find a frigging Psyduck. Stupid 2% superrares..

Wow, really? Both my wife and me found ol’ Psyduck while charging through that area. And we both captured the li’l fellow after a brief Pokéball battle. Had much more trouble catching an Abra at the beginning tracking them down, throwing balls at their heads, and hoping for the best. :)

Edit: <a href="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page">Bulbapedia</a> is also your friend!
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Rhiannon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:33 am

Oh, bless you for the Bulbapedia link.

And yes, I've yet to find a Psyduck in that cave. Andy caught the Abra using the "Gotcha!" trick though...
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby James » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:52 am

Rhiannon wrote:Andy caught the Abra using the "Gotcha!" trick though...

The ‘Gotcha’ trick? This isn’t the same approach I took, is it? The intricate and carefully machinated method of chucking a pokéball at the fellow right when the battle starts, with no effort to weaken him in any way, and waking your cat with a triumphant victory shout when you finally get one?
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Rhiannon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:11 am

The trick is to say "Gotcha!" into the microphone, just as the pokeball closes on the soon-to-be-captured pokemon.

You'll almost never miss your capture. In fact, testing has shown a 99.5% catch rate using the "Gotcha!" trick.
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:12 am

Rhiannon wrote:The trick is to say "Gotcha!" into the microphone, just as the pokeball closes on the soon-to-be-captured pokemon.

You'll almost never miss your capture. In fact, testing has shown a 99.5% catch rate using the "Gotcha!" trick.
That would be great for me seeing as I would say it anyways. If only I had a DS :cry:
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Rhiannon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:14 am

I can't wait to use it at work, really. Especially if I'm in the middle of a call.
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven