Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Diamond/Pearl. Excited?

Hellz yes Zeke, I am!
71%
No, I think it looks crappy!
14%
I'm a bit too old for pokemon..
14%

Total votes : 28

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 am

Pre-ordered 1 Diamond, 1 Pearl today.

EB/Gamestop has told us that the supplier is no longer offering the bonus stylus option with the preorders (at least through them), because they gathered so many preorders. So, if you were hoping to get that stylus but haven't preordered, prepared to be disappointed.

Luckily, I don't care about it anyway, heh.

Which versions are you opting for out there, folks? I usually pick by the exclusive Pokemon offered in each version (although now Andy and I are getting one of each and will have the ability to trade). The exclusive list can be found here.

If I was solo-playing the game, I'd personally go for Diamond (Scyther & the Skuntank line), as I hinted at earlier. However, I'm going to take the Pearl copy (which has some damned decent exclusives, now that I've seen some of the revised abilities and move lists.)
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby James » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:34 am

Each stylus is actually pretty large. I wish they could fit in the DS.

I’m getting both and so is the wife. We’ll be playing it for a long time to come.
My son will be getting at least one copy too.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jason » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:18 am

Rhiannon wrote:EB/Gamestop has told us that the supplier is no longer offering the bonus stylus option with the preorders (at least through them), because they gathered so many preorders. So, if you were hoping to get that stylus but haven't preordered, prepared to be disappointed.

This is actually true. Before I left, I got someone to reserve it. In capital letters next to the game it says "NO STYLUS" There was quite a push for the series.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Aquinas » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 am

I'll be picking up Diamond at launch and there isn't really a need to worry about exclusives with wifi trading. The only thing that I'll be worrying about are one time TMs that I would rather not chain breed onto things. Well, chain breeding is one reason but there's also the limitation that I'll have once I retrofit my 3rd gen pokemon once they're transferred over via Pal Park (and therefore no chain breeding is possible since those ones are already bred, leveled and fully EV trained).
Ezekiel wrote:There was quite a push for the series.
As it should be. The changes and additions are drastic and will further cement Diamond/Pearl as the flagship DS titles.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:25 am

I don't wanna promote Gamestop, but they should all have playable demo's of the game in store on their DS's. Go there, try it, and don't buy anything<3
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Rhiannon » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:54 pm

James wrote:Each stylus is actually pretty large. I wish they could fit in the DS.

I’m getting both and so is the wife. We’ll be playing it for a long time to come.
My son will be getting at least one copy too.

Why two copies for each of you?

We are just getting one of each, and will trade between the two to complete the dex (although apparently we are also going to need to get Pokemon Ranger at some point if we want to do that). Or is it for the legendaries?
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Jason » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:26 pm

Pokemon ranger is for the pokemon Manaphy. I believe that's it's name. It's blue. You put in some code on pokemon ranger, and it gives you an egg, which you trade to D/P. Something weird like that. I wish it wasn't true, as I hated Ranger.

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Aquinas » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:11 am

I picked up my copy of Diamond today.

Friendcode: 1203 5689 6868

Ezekiel: Edit the original post with a list of friendcodes once people start posting them. It'll be more organized that way.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:53 am

Rhi and I got a nice surprise in the form of the two stylus pre-order bonuses that we were told we wouldn't be getting. They're actually really nice too, which surprised me a bit. A lot larger than the DS and DS Lite stylii, which makes it insanely nice for holding at long periods of time.

So far we've traded over for all three starter pokemon, we'll see where we end up soon enough!
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:28 am

Which version has Scyther?
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven