Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Diamond/Pearl. Excited?

Hellz yes Zeke, I am!
71%
No, I think it looks crappy!
14%
I'm a bit too old for pokemon..
14%

Total votes : 28

Unread postby Exar Kun » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Aquinas wrote:You'll have to transfer them from one of the GBA versions via Pal Park.

Just what in the hell is a Pal Park?!
GOddamn Nintendo. Gimme a ****ing complete Pokemon game without me having to go back ten years trading stuff.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:46 pm

Just wifi with someone that has them.

I'm sure Aquinas has!

Speaking of Wifi, I've still to get my adapter. My router is incompatible.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Aquinas » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Exar Kun wrote:Just what in the hell is a Pal Park?!

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/palpark.shtml

Diamond and Pearl can interface with any of the GBA versions of Pokemon. After you beat the Elite Four and obtain the National Dex in D/P, you can then use an area called Pal Park to transfer pokemon (and items attached to them) from the GBA game inserted into the DS and into a special zone where you then re-catch them for use in the DS games. This is a blessing for anybody that has spent time with the GBA games, since your progress in the GBA games won't go to waste.
Exar Kun wrote:GOddamn Nintendo. Gimme a ****ing complete Pokemon game without me having to go back ten years trading stuff.
The D/P entries are actually the most "complete" versions of pokemon to date. Between the two DS games, you can obtain every pokemon apart from the starters and legendaries from the previous generations locally within the DS versions.

Ranbir has also pointed out wifi trading as well, which makes it quite effortless to obtain a specific pokemon species that you might need via the Global Trade Center, which is the equivalent to a more secure eBay for pokemon.

Example: I once bred a box full of Treeckos on my Emerald cartridge and still have them stagnating there. There's no way to locally obtain a Treecko in D/P, but I can transfer them via Pal park to my DS version and then put one up on the Global Trade Center with a trading requirement for a Charmander. The trade is done and next time I log in I now have a Charmander. I can then, if I choose to do so, breed that Charmander to further refine my optimal result for a competition candidate or have more than one for trading.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Exar Kun » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:48 pm

Oh! You mean I can stick in my sapphire and get my stuff? Awesome.

I thought Palpark was another crappy peripheral Nintendo was gonna make me buy to fully enjoy the game. What about the other gameboy ones? Like gold/silver/crystal? Or is it just ruby/sapphire/emerald?
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Aquinas » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:20 am

Only the GBA games, which would be Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen. The first and second gen games have no way to interface with the DS and there were fundamental changes to the series that would prevent transfer from the first and second gen (splitting Special into two different stats and IV variability increasing from 15 to 31).
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:33 am

The only pokemon that you need to trade in are the starters from the past 3 generations, and the legends from them. Mew, mewtwo, the legendary birds, legendary....dogs, Lugia, Ho-oh. I believe that may be everyone tho.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Exar Kun » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:40 am

Grrr...oh to hell with it. I'll buy a gameshark and hack the pokemon in. :D
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby Jason » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:42 am

Exar Kun wrote:Grrr...oh to hell with it. I'll buy a gameshark and hack the pokemon in. :D

Yeah, I may do the same after a playthru. It'll take forever to get like...7 Eevee's :x
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Pi Ka Chu » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:42 am

The new pokemon looks scarier then the old one.
Heh, I'll just import my level 94 charazard. :D
Nice guys don't insists on being creepers just because they were nice.
Pi Ka Chu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Watching Ratatosk insult the eagle on Yggdrasil for the wrym Níðhöggr

Unread postby Jason » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:45 am

I was surprised how cool shiny version look of some pokemon. Like...the black Charizard. How is obtaining that even possible???

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven