Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Diamond/Pearl. Excited?

Hellz yes Zeke, I am!
71%
No, I think it looks crappy!
14%
I'm a bit too old for pokemon..
14%

Total votes : 28

Re: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Unread postby James » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Kong Wen wrote:That's true, he (or she?) it will be one little piece of SoSZ legend.

I originally wrote he, but then it occurred to me that Mr. Kong's Zubat might indeed be female.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:17 am

How's Zubiatch doing?

Despite the fact that I almost immediately grew tired of Pearl, a small part of me is tempted to look into Platinum when it comes out. Rather than being a competitive breeder/battler, I may just get by with mooching good 'manz from friends. I just can't bring myself to farm items and transfer stuff from multiple past generations of these games...
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Jordan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:23 pm

Kong Wen wrote:How's Zubiatch doing?

Despite the fact that I almost immediately grew tired of Pearl, a small part of me is tempted to look into Platinum when it comes out. Rather than being a competitive breeder/battler, I may just get by with mooching good 'manz from friends. I just can't bring myself to farm items and transfer stuff from multiple past generations of these games...

I could give you some stuff if you get it. Off the top of my head, I have any starter (from any game), any fossil poke, and lots of cool first-gen pokes like Scyther/Kangaskhan.

And I got them all by trading, without owning a single gba pokemon game or hacking. :devil:

Also, I got my first shiny ever in any game (somehow I missed the red gyarados in the earlier games, I guess). It is a Floatzel.

Admittedly, I haven't bothered playing pokemon in awhile though. Occasionally I'll do a random battle with people, but I haven't tried to raise any new pokes or do anything else to complete the game.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Kong Wen wrote:How's Zubiatch doing?

Haha... well taken care of, for a *biatch.
The other Pokemanz make fun of its name, though.

Kong Wen wrote:Despite the fact that I almost immediately grew tired of Pearl, a small part of me is tempted to look into Platinum when it comes out. Rather than being a competitive breeder/battler, I may just get by with mooching good 'manz from friends. I just can't bring myself to farm items and transfer stuff from multiple past generations of these games...

I guess you're a member of the right forum for leeching. I usually breed a bunch of good Pokemanz but I never really bother with trading. I'll be playing the new version, I imagine, and you're welcome to some of my following. Otherwise, they would probably be set free out back where they could feed upon each other until one is strong enough to hop the fence and free itself.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Sweet, thanks Slick and James. I'm going to put a 'manz shopping list together when the game comes out, involving lots of cute and basically useless little fellahs. ;)
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Jordan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29

Ever since I got this guy, I always thought he was pretty adorable and amusing. I might seriously train one and stick it on the same team as my ludicolo, or something.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:04 am

I'm a fan of Piplup and Pikachu. I had actually been trying to get a Pikachu for a long time in Pearl before I sold it. James sent me a Piplup in exchange for Zubiatch. I picked Piplup as my starter, but I was annoyed and not also being able to have a Turtwig. I think Piplup, Turtwig, and Pikachu would be three permanent members of my all-cute team, along with Squirtle (yeah yeah, two water guys, who cares).
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby kennethfranz » Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 am

If you do not know what to play, I can advise you to try another platform for that. More recently, I found a handy resource with a lot of different emulators https://romsmania.com/roms/nintendo-ds/1015-pokemon-diamond-234555. There are a lot of games that will help you kill boredom. I often do this, especially when I want to remember the games of childhood. Pokémon to this day remain my favorite game.
kennethfranz
Tyro

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven