The Official 360/PS3/Wii/DS friendcode/gamertag/etc database

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:12 pm

I'm not even on Gold atm. Nor do I have many games for the x360 yet.

Just Gears, Table Tennis, Pro Evo, Smackdown and The Outfit.

I have PGR but I don't like driving games. I don't even like real driving!

My next x360 game on the list is Mass Effect too and that isn't mp!

I have a new PC rig too. But hey, it's Vista which means GamesforWindows Live. Maybe I'll nab Shadowrun for some cross platform play.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:06 am

i just got a wireless router in my living room, is there a way i can run my 360 on live from my bedroom if i have a computer thats wireless connected to the internet or do i need a wireless adapter for the 360 too. Basically do i need a wireless adapter for the 360 or can i run Live off a computer with its own wireless adapter?
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bryan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:36 am

Ranbir wrote:I'm not even on Gold atm. Nor do I have many games for the x360 yet.

Just Gears, Table Tennis, Pro Evo, Smackdown and The Outfit.

I have PGR but I don't like driving games. I don't even like real driving!

My next x360 game on the list is Mass Effect too and that isn't mp!

I have a new PC rig too. But hey, it's Vista which means GamesforWindows Live. Maybe I'll nab Shadowrun for some cross platform play.
Too bad Shadowrun has been going downhill extremely fast. Good luck finding matches, though I don't doubt you will. As far as the wireless goes, all I know is that in order for the 360 to tap into it, it must have an adapter for itself. I'm not sure if you somehow connected the comp and the xbox together with an ethernet cord or something, though...
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:32 am

Bryan wrote:I'm not sure if you somehow connected the comp and the xbox together with an ethernet cord or something, though...

That's pretty much what I've done - I have both my computer and Xbox connected to my router by cable, which works fine. After blowing all my assorted monies on the console and games for it, I didn't have enough for a wireless adapter. :lol:

EDIT: Big thanks to Bryan for helping me out with campaign and the hidden skulls - speaking of which, how did you find that one under the grating that you had to crouch-walk backwards into the shaft for?!
Last edited by Marc on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:21 am

My new computer has to settle for wireless. Main(old) comp is in the study at one corner of the house. My room is at the most distant corner! I even bought a wireless booster for it. Good thing too, get excellent signal quality/strength.

The x360 is also wireless and once I get the vga output cable it can settle nicely beside PC to my 22" widescreen.

I think you have your x360 connect through your computer's wireless, but of course your pc will have to be on that at that time too then.

Too bad Shadowrun has been going downhill extremely fast.

In that case, maybe I'll pick up a copy of Halo3 once it's cheapened considerably or something.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Tan_Binrui » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:46 am

On XBox 360 (which I'm not on anymore), I'm Tan Binrui.

On PS3 (which I'm on more often), I'm IgnatzVII... or Ignatz VII
"Because he has died, there is no more room for death in him." -- Lao Tzu
Tan_Binrui
Langzhong

Unread postby Bryan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:02 pm

Marc wrote:EDIT: Big thanks to Bryan for helping me out with campaign and the hidden skulls - speaking of which, how did you find that one under the grating that you had to crouch-walk backwards into the shaft for?!
We'll just say that I was really bored one day. I was looking down and saw the outline like I showed you.
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dirtybird » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:34 am

Ok everyone, I have a Wii, it's a great system, but as you all know Dynasty Warriors is only on the 360 and PS3, so out of the PS3 and 360, which one should I purchase? I've heard the 360 freezes up a lot and messes up, but I wouldn't know. So, which one should I buy?
Everything i've obtained, and all i know; i give it away just to know you Lord.
dirtybird
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bryan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:31 am

Personally, after my first two mishaps (red rings, both apparently launch 360s, however) with the 360, my third one (going on a year now) has been a charm. However, I have learned over time to keep it in a well ventilated area, and to, ahem, clean (dust, vacuum, etc.) a bit more in its vicinity. I think it depends on what kind of games you play. If you want to be able to play with a broader community, then the 360 is the way to go, as far as what's offered online. Now that we're this far into the game, the majority of the reports that are thrown out still of the 360 freezing or messing up that I've seen online have been over hyped by people who are either jaded with the system or their a fan of either Sony, Nintendo, or the PC in general. Besides that, even if it did mess up, Microsoft now offers their own extended warranties for it, so it's really not all that bad anymore. I don't own a PS3 (and so I can't comment through empirical evidence), yet, but the only really negative things I hear about it are that so far the games are uninspired, and that developers apparently go through hell making games for it.

Bottom line, though... don't buy either just to play DW...
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:28 am

Just got my Wii this afternoon. No wireless here at the parents' house, but when I get it home to Hfax, I'll let you all know what my address thingamajig is.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven