I have a game I'm making, but I need advice

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Adam » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Wow, good luck dude.
Should be quite an undertaking, although my suggestion at yer age is stick to getting that chick as yer main priority, the games gonna take a lotta work, and considering yer not gonna be selling it (prolly cost you more to get licensing etc. than you could charge for the thing) you might wanna put it on a lower priority.
Course ya gotta figure out if yer good at the game making thing, if it turns out you are forget girls for a while, earn yerself some money programming things!
That game is more of a side project kinda thing, as in: something you really wanna make, but won't be able to use to further yer carreer in any way (except by learning some things from it).
The insomniac is never wrong!
Except for an average of 100% of the time
:P
And let me add, I have no idea what I just wrote....hmmm
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shi Tong » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:00 am

You'll need to make sure that the game is well balanced for a start- not too hard or too easy, so your stats will have to reflect each other quite well, along with a few fun anomolies which will give you big advantages and disadvantages over the opponent.

I would suggest making both sides playable (good and evil) and there should be clear objective points on your map.

The way I see your game is that you have countries to which all of your super hero's belong to, they need to call on resources and power somehow, but I dont think you should make it "game over" if one of the supers die- that will make the game short and frustrating when you've gone a long way and yet one of your characters bites the dust. I think it should be last one standing- that's a little less annoying.

What do you think of that?
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jedi » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:46 am

Fire emblem was like If any of the main charaters die you lose

Anyways the Maps will be like Fire emblem but have battles like Bodokai tenakaichi

The Main charater (me) Gets trained By loads of People Sun Ce, Kain , Shinon, Cecil(as a dark knight) , Obi Wan , Krillin , Yamcha , Tien , Ron Weasly, .And at the Near end. I get Trained By Shenron (yes the dragon ball dragon) for the Uiltamate Power .up and I can use all there powers But I cant give ppl Wishes.
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shwei » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 am

Marc wrote:If you're going for a full-on game that would say, suit a console, then it would probably be pretty expensive to make something of this scale too, in terms of software needed and so on.

Who are you making it with? Some friends?

The real game companies have a ton of guys working on the games and it still takes a pretty long time to make it fun. I can imagin you trying to gather all your buddies who know how to do this stuff and orginizing this. (I don't even think anybody would have enough friends to do this.) If your doing it with an amount of people you can manage then it will take too long to make and it won't be that fun for a long time. Really, it's an incredibly hard challenge.
If im postin here its not about china
Shwei
Master

Location: Wow who talks about china on these forums...wierd people

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven