Fire emblem

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Unread postby Jedi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:58 pm

Ranbir wrote:Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start.
When you read you begin with A, B, C.
When you play, you begin with Seima no Kōseki. (The Sacred Stones, GBA)

Ok, it isn't the real beginning, but it's best to start from there since this introduces some good gameplay mechanics not had in titles previous.

Sacred Stones is a good Beginners fire emblem cause you can train as much as you want lol
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world.” - Leo F. Buscaglia
Jedi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Mon May 28, 2007 2:35 am

i playedd sealed sword now
Discuss Favorite classes
Assansin or Swordmaster for critical
Discuss favorite lords
Lyn/Swordmaster
Discuss favorite fire emblem names
huh?
Discuss favorite fir emblem hair styles.
Umm Karel silver hair and Lyn long hair.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:57 am

So I ended up picking up Radiant Dawn with some Christmas returns money. Path of Radiance was $59.99 or something absurd like that (a brand new GameCube only costs $70.00 at WalMart now!) and Radiant Dawn was only $49.99 new, so I just got the cheaper, newer game.

I haven't played much of it yet (I've been working, believe it or not), but I imagine I'll probably go back and get a used copy of PoR some time later if I can find one. RD is entertaining enough so far, and it looks like the gameplay system has a lot of potential.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Niahak » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:16 am

I actually have a used copy of Path of Radiance with the $12.99 pricetag still on it (bought around 4 months ago). It's really odd that the price has spiked so suddenly; I can only assume it's because the game is pretty good and comes before RD. Ebay indicates it goes for about $35 now.

I beat PoR just a week ago, actually. It's a pretty darn good game. Great characters, entertaining plot, good pace and it doesn't bog down as much as most tactical RPGs. I would probably have moved straight onto Radiant Dawn if I hadn't played PoR in easy mode (hence making me unable to load the save into RD).
Niahak
Scholar

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Niahak wrote:I actually have a used copy of Path of Radiance with the $12.99 pricetag still on it (bought around 4 months ago). It's really odd that the price has spiked so suddenly; I can only assume it's because the game is pretty good and comes before RD. Ebay indicates it goes for about $35 now.

I beat PoR just a week ago, actually. It's a pretty darn good game. Great characters, entertaining plot, good pace and it doesn't bog down as much as most tactical RPGs. I would probably have moved straight onto Radiant Dawn if I hadn't played PoR in easy mode (hence making me unable to load the save into RD).

I had the problem with the loading of data as well. I would play it again on normal but i had lent it to a friend and haven't gotten it back yet. It is also bothersome how he has beaten it on normal and characters that i thought it were too weak in Radiant Dawn are stronger because of the save data due to the save data.
Though i do love both games, tons of fun.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:40 am

Alright, I've just started "Part 2" in Radiant Dawn, and I'm convinced that I should hunt down a used copy of Path of Radiance. This game is pretty entertaining so far, though the limited party customization means it probably won't have as much replay value for me as something like FFT. My plan is to play PoR on normal after I'm done with RD, then try RD again with the loaded data.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:12 pm

Kong Wen wrote:Alright, I've just started "Part 2" in Radiant Dawn, and I'm convinced that I should hunt down a used copy of Path of Radiance. This game is pretty entertaining so far, though the limited party customization means it probably won't have as much replay value for me as something like FFT. My plan is to play PoR on normal after I'm done with RD, then try RD again with the loaded data.

Smart move. There's a glitch in the American version if you transfer a save from easy mode.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:48 am

I'm playing through the first Fire Emblem released for GBA now. I picked up the game out of Andy's stash randomly, realized it was strikingly similar to Shining Force in terms of strategy play, and it hasn't really left my DS's GBA port yet. :lol: I'm going through it slowly, mind, but I have the second GBA one headed to me from Gamefly, so I should pick up the pace.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:30 am

An update since you last heard from me on the 19th.

I'm totally addicted to this game. I finished Radiant Dawn and loved it. It was one of my best gaming experiences of recent years. I went out immediately after finishing it and bought a new copy of Path of Radiance (damn, that game is hard to find!) and a GC controller and mem card and I'm making my way through normal mode now. I look forward to being able to go through Radiant Dawn again with buffed up characters and get the stuff I missed last time.

So, to the people who have finished RD, who was you're #1 ranked killer? Mine was Nephenee! (Ike was in 2nd...) It all started when, on that first siege battle, she got stranded outside the castle and had to defend herself against the whole army. After that she was an unstoppable killing machine.
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:46 am

Kong Wen wrote:An update since you last heard from me on the 19th.

I'm totally addicted to this game. I finished Radiant Dawn and loved it. It was one of my best gaming experiences of recent years. I went out immediately after finishing it and bought a new copy of Path of Radiance (damn, that game is hard to find!) and a GC controller and mem card and I'm making my way through normal mode now. I look forward to being able to go through Radiant Dawn again with buffed up characters and get the stuff I missed last time.

So, to the people who have finished RD, who was you're #1 ranked killer? Mine was Nephenee! (Ike was in 2nd...) It all started when, on that first siege battle, she got stranded outside the castle and had to defend herself against the whole army. After that she was an unstoppable killing machine.

My first time it was Gatrie, After that, he is usualy within my top 5. Second time it was Tibarn, in the battle against the Feral Ones i just send him up to slaughter the army almost single handed.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven