CCG's

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

CCG's

Unread postby Jason » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:37 am

I couldn't find a thread on CCG cards, and I had a question about some, so I figured I'd make the thread. Anyone collect any CCG?

And my specific question is about the Naruto CCG, I need to talk to someone who knows them pretty well.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Xiahou Cao » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:52 am

Magic, WarCry, Yu-Gi-OH, Vs., the old Star Wars CCG; a little Duelmasters, UFS, and Pokemon. Never played Naruto though.

Vs. is probably my favorite at the moment.
Xiahou Cao
Student

Unread postby Marc » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:34 am

I used to collect Pokemon cards. I had maybe 300, probably 200 of which were energy cards....I brought them into school once to have a few games with my friends, and then someone stole them from my coat during class. :?

B*stard. I had shiny Hitmonchan, Alakazam, and Blastoise in that pack. I even found out who stole them and the teachers wouldn't do anything about it. Said I 'shouldn't have them in school at all'. Riiiiight....so, next time someone brings a bike into school I'll steal it and get away with it....
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:46 am

I played Star Wars ccg, Dragonball Z ccg, and Yu-Gi-Oh ccg. I still have all the cards for each game though I don't really play any of them anymore.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Six_and_Up » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Magic. I used to be hooked on that game.
Currently playing: Dragon Quest VIII
Six_and_Up
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shi Tong » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:11 pm

Magic for me too, I still have some kick ass deck, which I personally think is really hard to beat.

Dont play at the moment, I'm thinking about selling my cards.

I have some really cool ones actually, my favorites are my Legends- I even have a Hua Tuo from the 3k series (and he's really poweful BTW!)
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:06 pm

I just bought 24 unopened booster packs of the Naruto card game, real cheap. I hate my addiction, but now all my friends wanna get their cards through me, which = profit :)
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby James » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:56 pm

Played Magic the Gathering from Beta to Ice Age.
(I became scared at Ice Age and sold all my old rare stuff, leaving the game with $20,000+). Why? In Ice Age they recirculated the Icy Manipulator, dropping its value from something like $55 to $10. Chronicles, which was in the works, promised to do this to all sorts of cards. A good move for the game? Probably in many ways. A good idea for me to stick around? Nope, because at that point it had literally become a job, though I still had a few decks around I really enjoyed playing.

Legend of the Five Rings from Shadowlands to one full cycle after Wotzi took over (years). Quit, and rejoined for Diamond edition. Quit again early into Lotus. I’ve always been good at this game. In Utah, I was the top-ranked player in the state. Here in California, I won well over half the contests I entered, and received numerous cards for my victories. It was fun to go to a store where people talked down to you because of you clan (I played Lion primarily, which was regarded as a losing clan toward the end of Diamond, but I am used to that—I used to use, and win, with Naga), and beat them without ever having seen their decks. I dropped out of the game again, though, because without a bunch of personal friends to play the game with, it is all competition, and competition does not always equate to fun. I enjoyed the last Gen Con though!

Fun fact: My wife and I have over 5,000 signed rare CCG cards.
I played tournaments with decks consisting of over 30% signed cards.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Return to Gamers’ Haven