MMORPGs

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Do you play MMORPGs

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 85

Re: MMORPGs

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Add me: ZhugeCi.CD1
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Mists of Pandaria confirmed today at Blizzcon! I'm extremely excited for this and I think it looks great from what we have seen thus far.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:28 am

They might get about 70 bucks more from me. I wasnt too happy about Cataclysm, but i might throw a month or two their way if Pandaria looks good enough come release day.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:15 pm

ya Cata was kinda boring for me. I didn't really start playing WoW until after Cata launched so all those changes to the world made no difference to me since I didn't know the world as it previously was. Mists of Pandaria on the other hand looks great. I love the whole Asian style they are using and hope it turns out to revive many WoW players that quit after Cataclysm. However one thing that I'm skeptical of is that there won't be enough content. There will only be 5 new zones in Pandaria and unless they are much larger than the average zone then most players can sweep through there in short time.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 am

I dont expect much from Blizz this time around. Bioware will let SWTOR run rampant over WoW. Titan is the only thing that really will save Blizzards MMOs. MoP is just a blip on the radar and i dont think it will be as successful as any other WoW game.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:00 am

Separation Anxiety wrote:I dont expect much from Blizz this time around.

Diablo 3 free with WoW annual pass? Seems like perfect timing given what's coming up. Plus dota like pvp and other modes?

Personally, I'm waiting on the revolutionary MMO; Guild Wars 2.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:05 am

The problem with the free D3 is that you have to pay for 1 whole year of WoW. And that entire year will be expired before MoP anyways. They are really irritating me with this terrible patch pacing. It takes way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way too long for them to get the next raid patch to be implemented. This terrible pacing has led me to actually quit the game. You can only raid the same place so many times with no reason other than to gear someone else. The expansion cycle for WoW is too drug out. It shouldnt take this long to get to the deathwing patch. They have only had 1 raid patch in almost a year. And the deathwing patch is the next patch they are adding. Look at Wotlk. You have the starter raids, then EoE, then Ulduar, then ToC, then finally Icecrown, then to finish it off the pointless Ruby Sanctum. You would think that blizz would have learned when the initial exodus of players happened and they said they were speeding things up. They are just full of hot air. If it wasnt for the prospect of Diablo 3 i would have completely thrown in the towel on Blizz.

Edit: Don't even get me started on the new talent trees. I thought the new cata trees were dumbed down enough, but they sure scewed the pooch on these new ones.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Going back to have some loving with Lord of the Rings Online!!!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:58 pm

What server?
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Lady Chen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 pm

I agree, cata was pretty boring. They need to add some challenging content quickly or they will lose a lot of players.

And I am also eagerly awaiting Guild Wars 2. Can't wait!
Sima Yi is my archnemesis.
Lady Chen
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven