MMORPGs

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Do you play MMORPGs

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 85

Re: MMORPGs

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:54 am

ya I wasn't very surprised at this announcement either SOE has so many MMO's out that it was only time before they had to start cuttin 'em down
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 am

Cao Hong 14 wrote:ya I wasn't very surprised at this announcement either SOE has so many MMO's out that it was only time before they had to start cuttin 'em down

I think it has more to do with the upcoming release of The Old Republic. SOE would be silly to renew their license with Lucasarts with such a big competitor on the horizon.

SunXia wrote:Wasn't shocked by Galaxies getting chop, I found it lacking so much compared to other MMMORPGs in many areas like controls and graphics!! Hope Old Republic improves those!!

Pre-CU and NGE, SWG was nearly unmatched in the social aspect of MMOs. It's truly sad to see it go.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Elven Fury » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:30 am

Marc wrote:
SunXia wrote:Wasn't shocked by Galaxies getting chop, I found it lacking so much compared to other MMMORPGs in many areas like controls and graphics!! Hope Old Republic improves those!!

Pre-CU and NGE, SWG was nearly unmatched in the social aspect of MMOs. It's truly sad to see it go.

Yea, the crafting aspect, and the customization of personal things such as homes was something special and something TOR is going to be missing for a while.
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Well for those players who miss the pre CU/NGE SWG there is still hope. http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php This has been going on for a while and i keep meaning to check it out more in depth, but my understanding is this is a nearly finished replica of the original SWG game.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 am

Separation Anxiety wrote:Well for those players who miss the pre CU/NGE SWG there is still hope. http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php This has been going on for a while and i keep meaning to check it out more in depth, but my understanding is this is a nearly finished replica of the original SWG game.

I...er...actually bought a physical copy of An Empire Divided so that I could try this out. :oops:
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 am

I am actually in the process of installing so i can play old school Galaxies. I'm actually somewhat paranoid with this venture because im worried i may have been looking at this game through some rose tinted glasses.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Semiazas » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:15 pm

No, I don't play any.
Simple because, I don't want to pay monthly subscription fees. I played Guild Wars I just lost interest, which kinda sucks as it wasn't a bad game.

If I could find any good ones that you only had to download, or didn't need to pay every month for, then I probably would. Something other than Guild Wars, as I'd like to try some new stuff (:
Semiazas
Apprentice

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Thats generally the problem with free MMOs. You cant really find a good free one. There are a couple "free to play" MMOs like Lord Of The Rings Online and Everquest 2, but those arent exactly the greatest to play as a F2P player. But even if you do pay to play them they arent the traditional monthly subscriptions.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LordCBrasil » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:50 am

The only i'm playing nowadays is Dynasty Warriors Online...
-Sleeping Dragon: always prepared, cautious and clever, hard working... a brilliant strategist.-
LordCBrasil
Academic

Unread postby Semiazas » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:49 am

Yeah, I downloaded it the other day actually. So I'm glad I've managed to find one that's free and actually worth playing (:
Semiazas
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven