MMORPGs

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Do you play MMORPGs

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 85

Re: MMORPGs

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:02 pm

well if you are a higher level player I can se why cata might be good idea but for the noobs keeping azeroth the way it is sounds better at least to me. Ijust love azeroth its such a pleasant,great looking, unique world and to see many of its features be destroyed and burnt is not in my liking.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Cao Hong 14 wrote:well if you are a higher level player I can se why cata might be good idea but for the noobs keeping azeroth the way it is sounds better at least to me. Ijust love azeroth its such a pleasant,great looking, unique world and to see many of its features be destroyed and burnt is not in my liking.

Yea I guess I get that, but once you're higher level (which isn't hard considering how fast leveling occurs now) it'll just be an antique. Besides, this way the core content isn't stagnant. The Silverwing in Ashenvale wont be freaking battling for years and years. Graphically wise, I can only assume what they turn Azeroth will be better than what it is now, if that is what you are concerned about. More importantly, I'd wager, is that even low-level players only experience a fraction of Azeroth, and higher players have no need to either. This will change that.

Like I said, I'm just out of the raiding cycle and the PVP isn't happening for me. WoW has to offer something more to keep me hooked.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 pm

well I'm hooked for now but agreed, they need like more cities or a new continent or some more hero classes to keep me hooked forever. I'm fine with their decision to change landscape but I just wish it was optional so you don't have to see it changed if you don't want to. Like only if you buy the expansion it gets changed. I know this is impossible but I just wish somehow it could happen. :(
which MMO has the largest map in land size? and please tell me how its quality is? Like if its actually a good game.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:47 am

I wonder if I should get back into the MMO fold. I've been trying to experience PC gaming at its best recently and when I played WoW, I had a terrible Dell laptop running it. However, WoW is arguably why I had a terrible first year in university.

Some of the things look interesting enough - the upcoming games I mean.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:09 am

ya in my view at least wait for a new MMO to be released like DC universe which looks very promising. WoW is great don't get me wrong but I don't want azeroth to be all burnt up and changed from being a lovely looking place to a war zone, its just not a good idea to me. The games I would consider are warhammer, allods online, runes of magic, heroes of the three kingdoms, and DC universe which is the one I'm personally looking forward to most.
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:08 am

After sinking a good chunk of time with cataclysm i can safely say im waiting for my time to expire so i can quit. Blizzard sucked all the fun out of this game. Wiping because the healer didnt jump at the right time is not fun.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 am

I've just joined the Pokemon Universe forum, hopefully it'll finally be done sometime this year (that was told to me by a member in their chat room). I've never really done a MMORPG but this should be really good.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Separation Anxiety » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:13 pm

SOE announced the other day that Star Wars Galaxies will be getting the axe soon. Hopefully that will drive some people to its emulator.

Other than that Blizz has tried some subtle recruitment campaigns. The Recruit A Friend now works up to level 80 and some subscribers got a free game code to give to someone else. Not free time, the game itself for free. They must be hurting more than they want to admit, Star Wars Old Republic is in prime position for a killing blow.
Oh my my, oh hell yes, your gettin buried in your party dress.
Separation Anxiety
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elven Fury » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Yea, I, as a still player, was rather caught off guard by that announcement, I'm both happy and very ,very sad. Happy because that means TOR is out by Christmas, and sad because 7 years of work will be gone at the flip of a switch, really puts these kinds of games into perspective. (P.S. Go EMU!)
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:02 am

Wasn't shocked by Galaxies getting chop, I found it lacking so much compared to other MMMORPGs in many areas like controls and graphics!! Hope Old Republic improves those!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven