Football Manager Series

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Football Manager Series

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:42 am

I'm having a bit of trouble running this game now and I'm hoping the more computer literate scholars can help me out. I recently installed this in my new netbook, thinking it would run without any flaws. My netbooks specs are more than enough for the minimum of the game. However, after installation and whatnot, whenever I try running the game, nothing is displayed on my screen. What I mean is, no loading screens appear, no menus, nothing.

Thinking that I did not click it properly, I run it once more and I get the message "Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 already running". Sure enough, sorting through my processes, there is a wsm.exe file there taking up 250mb of my memory and 50% of my CPU. It's only on my processes however, and it is not listed in the application section of the task manager.

Right now, I'm quite desperate to play the game so I'll take any suggestions you can offer. I've already posted two similar topics in the official FM forums as well as GameFAQs but I have yet to receive anything helpful. I've also re-installed the game, just to see if there was anything wrong with my prior installation, and still nothing. Again, any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Ranbir » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:42 am

Demo for 2010 is out now.

Sporting a slick new interface and a well needed improvement with the tactical options.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:29 am

I want to try out 2010 but I'm not sure if my netbook can run it. Obviously I should try the demo out, but its so HUGE.
Mikhail

Unread postby Ranbir » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:45 am

There are two demo versions, one with limited leagues, try that!

When starting a game you now get good predictions by the game at how well the game will run depending on size of your database.

My 150k plus database it ran but did feel slow, so I dropped it down below 100k.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Well it works on my netbook, albeit with only the Prem and the Championship running. I barely manage any other leagues anyways.

One thing I found that they still haven't changed is the idiocy of players with their desires as well as club stature. When I'm 30 games into the season, first place by 10 points, and a +45 in goal differential, the last thing I need to hear is players moaning about how my club is too small for their ambition and that they wouldn't win any trophies if they stay on my team. I was able to satiate their hunger because we won the league and for a few weeks in the off-season, they were content with staying on my team.

However, a few weeks prior to the start of the season, Modric, Palacios, and Assou-Ekotto decide to hand in transfer requests and flee to Manchester United and AC Milan respectively because of their "enormous" stature. Give me a break! I just won the toughest league in the world and they still don't think I can win trophies?

I did get a small measure of revenge. Modric and Assou-Ekotto play for United and we were able to dispatch them without any trouble in our first meeting, winning by a score of 4-1 thanks to a hat-trick by Defoe.
Mikhail

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Anyone know why my players are suddenly unavailable now? I signed Marlon King for and he was able to play for the first part of my season (as West Ham). Then after a few months, he suddenly became unavailable.

Also, anyone know why Calum Davenport is unavailable as well?
Mikhail

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:50 pm

What season, did you register them?
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Mikhail » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:39 am

Well its my first premier league season with West Ham so registering players doesn't really matter. Plus, what I don't get is that he had played a few games already - 6 games in the season.

I'm not sure what the problem with Davenport is. He seems to ALWAYS be unavailable...

Also, I'm still unsure if this game is easy or I'm just pretty decent at the game. I mean, it's West Ham and I'm battling it out for the title. Currently in 2nd, 1 point back of Chelsea. What is this?
Mikhail

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:24 am

Mikhail wrote:Well its my first premier league season with West Ham so registering players doesn't really matter. Plus, what I don't get is that he had played a few games already - 6 games in the season.

I'm not sure what the problem with Davenport is. He seems to ALWAYS be unavailable...

Also, I'm still unsure if this game is easy or I'm just pretty decent at the game. I mean, it's West Ham and I'm battling it out for the title. Currently in 2nd, 1 point back of Chelsea. What is this?

I found that I took Chelmsford City up four leagues in 5 seasons with minimal transfers.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Any news on a new update/patch? I'd love to get the updated rosters already...
Mikhail

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven