Who has finished FFX at least 75%?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Who has completed at least 75% of the game?

Yes
50%
No
22%
Whole Game(WOW that's alotta nuts!! lol)
28%

Total votes : 32

Who has finished FFX at least 75%?

Unread postby GuoJia122 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:07 am

I have although i erased my other file :cry: But anyways I'm on the monster arena side quest and I'm still trying to dodge 200 lightning bolts and capture all butterflies for Khimari and LuLu's ulltimate weapon... and still trying to get Nemisis and Ultima element :roll: :evil:
If you dash an egg on a rock and it doesn't break what is it?
GuoJia122
Student

Unread postby Shield of Rohan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:56 am

My eleven year old sister actually did the 200-lightning bolt dodge task :shock: . I think my urge to totally conquer that game died when doing that whole cactuar business for Rikku in the desert. Luckily my sister picked up in my footsteps. I'll have to find out how much she got done sometime...
"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded, what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Shield of Rohan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Admiral_Barton » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:31 pm

I did the cactuar and lightning quests... I also found out recently my save had been deleted...

I will never do those quests again.
"History does repeat itself, we just don't care to notice."
"I have a political statement on everything, even cookies."
“To know everything is to have missed the point."
Admiral_Barton
Sage

Location: I'd kill for you, I'd die for you, but most of all I'd live for you

Unread postby Lexus Fiend » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:02 pm

The lightning test, oh wow how that brings back sour memories. A couple times I had got up over 150 dodges in a row only to be struck down. I kept with it though, and finally did it on my 5th or so try. Lulu's weapon is arguably worth it though.

Elsewhere in the game, I beleive I have completed everything there is to complete.
-Devin aka LuckyD
*Neighborhood Superstar*
"Street smarts on the level of a Harvard degree."
Lexus Fiend
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:07 pm

When side-quests are boring, stressful, or unpleasant, then it defeats the purpose of playing the game (for me). The rewards (feeling of accomplishment) aren't worth it, since when a game is done, I don't continue playing it for years in order to enjoy those rewards.

So no, I didn't do all that extra stuff, because it would have been time-consuming and unpleasant.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Alucard » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:38 pm

I haven't play this game in a while. I'm sure I completed more thatn 75% of the game. I only remember not finishing the chocobo and the lightening quest.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby Duncan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:29 am

I hate those butterflies! The lightning thing bugged me for weeks as well, but I got it in the end. I did the cactuars pretty easily, although it took ages and I have to say it was an incredibly boring task.

I filled up the Monster Arena with everything (how dull that was!), and was building up my characters to take on the last couple of Dark Aeons when my will to live kicked in and I finished the game instead. I'm sure I have a game save left from training in the Monster Arena (at a pretty high level), but I'm also fairly sure I won't go back to it.
Duncan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:20 am

I nearly completed the lightning-bolt sidequest. I think I dodged the bolts about 170 times and then I got hit. I couldn't be bothered to try it again.
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:03 pm

Man its been awhile since I played this game I don't remember how much I have completed, but it should be at least 75% cause I have tons of hours into this game. I'm pretty sure I completed most of the sidequests.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Emperor Shao » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:31 pm

I hate Kimahri's Saturn Sigil mini game (butterflies game). it made me frustated. It's too hard for me, even harder than Lulu's thunderbolt game.
Emperor Shao
Initiate

Next

Return to Gamers’ Haven