Warsong/Langrisser/Growlanser

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Which of these three game names was most familiar/recognizable to you?

Warsong
55%
Langrisser
27%
Growlanser
18%

Total votes : 11

Unread postby Niahak » Tue May 09, 2006 8:33 pm

I heard Dragon Force for Saturn was really good and fairly similar to the Lang series, but I have not yet mustered up the guts to buy it for the usual $80 price tag (+ system if you don't have it).

CareerSoft seems to be awfully quiet, so I don't think they'll be doing much soon. :? Maybe we'll see something along those lines for GBA / DS (DS would be especially nice), since Advance Wars is doing pretty well.

The only problem with doing a 3-d remake is that it also makes people want to make the battle system real-time, which I don't think would go very well with this style of game (it would probably end up being sort of like the Warhammer games for PSX).

Growlanser was somewhat disappointing. A good game on its own and I see how they got there with Langrisser 4 (which is like FFT in that it's active time rather than turn-based), but number 2 I especially didn't like for some reason.
Niahak
Scholar

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven