Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
14%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
8%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 118

Re: Soccer teams?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:01 pm

I thought Hodgson's plan to deal with Wales wing-backs worked a treat but slightly wonder if he should have tweaked the personal. Good half time subs and switch to diamond but throwing on Rashford cost us cohesion. Concerned by Hart's error prone performances at the Euro's, I wonder if he is just a little too hyped up, Rooney was my Mom again, agree about Sturridge and Vardy. I am concerned that Alli is making good runs but his passing game is negligible

Felt Wales bottled it. They had got themselves too hyped up that their backline became nervous and outside of Ramsey, nobody wanted to make a run or be brave on the ball while Coleman had no answer to England tactics. Ashley Williams needs dropping though.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:51 am

I agree about Hart, but think it would be a big gamble to start using Forster now.

I know what you mean about Rashford but having bought him to the Euro's the worst thing we could do for his development is to take him and not use him!

I agree that Ramsey was Wales' best player, good Arsenal stock that one.

BBC have published an article where they claim that Roy is going to rest some players. Their predicted formation is Hart; Clyne, Smalling, Cahill, Bertrand; Henderson, Dier, Wilshere; Lallana, Vardy, Sturridge.

I'm sure Kane and Sterling going to the bench is less to do with resting them as it is dropping them!

I can see why after the shifts that Walker and Rose put in they might need a rest and I do think our other fullbacks are very solid and perhaps better equipped to deal with the threat of Weiss.

I can also see the logic behind not playing both Alli and Rooney as I suspect that might leave us a little exposed to Hamsik but resting both seems risky. I definitely would have started Rooney alongside Henderson or Wilshere and then hope to sub him if we were at a time in the game where we looked secure.

However I did say in my last post that I would attempt to trust Roy's judgement after his subs so whilst I have some reservations I am still fairly confident about tonight's game.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:04 pm

Maybe if Hodgson had ever used his keepers in friendlies that aren't called Hart

I don't mind using Rashford since we have taken him, I just think going three strikers unbalanced the team at that point

I would have gone Clyne in for Walker, Rooney pushed up Henderson in for Alli and the striker changes. 6 changes seems a little much and risking a huge backlash if we fail
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:55 am

So which of the new players would you put in first team when we play Spain or Croatia (I'm guessing)?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:10 am

I thought Clyne was one of our better performers on the night but Walker has been one of our best players as well do would stick with Walker.

Sturridge offered more than Sterling in my opinion.

But that's it. I think everyone knows now that not starting Rooney was a mistake!

I think we play whoever comes second in group F - so Portugal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:02 pm

I thought Hodgson's lineup more or less worked (bar Wilshire) but when Slovakia changed their tactics, Hodgson's thinking became muddled with Rooney played 3 positions in about half an hour. I would keep Clyne (more cutting edge then Walker), Henderson (with Rooney taking Alli's place) and Sturridge of the new starters, maybe try the latter at number 9. Another fine performance, another lack of cutting edge

Sun Fin wrote:I think we play whoever comes second in group F - so Portugal?

Yes, I had read D somewhere. :oops:
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:51 am

Hart should not be number 1 at world cup, he simply does not have the mentality for international football. Defence let us down in first half, felt first time we had movement going forward but didn't take our chances and after about an hour, the players had a collective break-down. Everything we had done about movement and tempo went out of the window, we never looked like scoring.

Hodgson had to go. Was some of the best football we have done in awhile but failure to take wingers then playing 4-3-3 and poor use of subs has cost us
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Hussam » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 pm

I was really surprised by Iceland yesterday, I didn't expect them to eliminate England like this.
عالندا الندا الندا و الورد مفتح ع خدا
و إن ما عطيوني ياكي يا جبال العالي لهدا
Hussam
Student

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm

I agree with all that Dong said.

I'm also wondering if following Hodgson and Cameron's resignations whether resigning from being English is an option?

I hear Germany is a nice place with a good football team?
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Hussam wrote:I hear Germany is a nice place with a good football team?

I thought it was possible. Iceland give chances away but we aren't clinical and weren't while Iceland are strong at setplays (our weakness) and when they counter-attack, they have three intelligent players so was a possibility there. What alarmed me more then the defeat is Hart's mentality and the way we mentally collapsed in the second half
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven