Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
14%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
9%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 117

Re: Soccer teams?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed May 25, 2016 12:44 pm

I think he will be the DM ahead of both with Cazorla as the double pivot. In certain games, we might play a double DM option though
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Could someone tell ITV they are meant to be a respected broadcaster and not a hysterical England supporter. Their main commentator needs to learn to be a professional and that his job is not to be a England fanboy
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:13 am

It's alright Dong, we won't be in the Euro's much longer so it won't matter too much.

I thought we'd beat Russia and Slovakia and get beaten by Wales. I still think we'll lose to the Welsh. 3rd place with 4 points is as good as I think it can be for us now I suspect.

Also why is Kane taking our corners and free-kicks?

I'm looking forward to us being out so I can enjoy the rest of the Euro's instead of getting angry with Hodgson's ineptitude.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 pm

I thought (given Hodgson decided to only have one quick winger backfired), the line up was right but poor use of subs. We played well but lacked a cutting edge with Dele Alli making right runs but lacking in final third on the night, Sterling being Sterling and Kane off form. Best Rooney finals tournament since his first bit I suspect it won't work with Wales and Slovakia's midfield

Well done ITV for going for a female pundit by the way
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:57 pm

I would have played our other 2 full backs but beyond that I think it probably was the best starting XI open to Roy, but that's his own fault (although I would have tried Vardy on the right wing in a warm up game instead of left wing where he has never played). I agree that Rooney played well in CM and should continue playing there. However Wilshere was the wrong sub, made worse by the fact that the right two subs for that scenario weren't taken to the Euros in the first place (Noble and Drinkwater) but failing that when we are winning bring on Henderson, a solid CM who we know will give a 100%, not Wilshere. For me he is a sub if we need to shake things up when drawing/losing.

Meanwhile Kane had poor game he should have been subbed at some point for any of Vardy, Sturridge or Rashford (why take him if your not going to use him)...

On top of that not one of Kane's set pieces were even half way decent. Dier takes one, scores one and then next free-kick Kane is back on them. What idiot thought that was even remotely a good idea? But I think its even more stupid that he takes the corners when he is probably the person we most want to get on the end of them...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Just to clarify, I fear if Rooney starts as the number 6, Wales use of Bale and Ramsey as two number 10's and Hamisk for Slovenia will have fun with that. We may need more conventional midfielders for those games

I don't think Dier should have taken any more freekicks, he was lucky his went in, but I agree Kane should have been urged to let others have a go and that Kane should have been subbed.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Note to BBC: When I download from iplayer a match of yours, I want to watch the 90 (well 95 minutes) of it. Not 70 minutes. I really really want to see the full game, as advertised, not what auntie decides is good for me
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:27 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Just to clarify, I fear if Rooney starts as the number 6, Wales use of Bale and Ramsey as two number 10's and Hamisk for Slovenia will have fun with that. We may need more conventional midfielders for those games

I don't think Dier should have taken any more freekicks, he was lucky his went in, but I agree Kane should have been urged to let others have a go and that Kane should have been subbed.

I think Rooney can play in CM there but there will be a big expectation on Dier to cover his defensive frailties. At least with Hamisk, Ramsey/Bale might be more of an issue.

I don't necessarily think Dier should have taken more free-kicks but I'd rather he'd taken the next one instead of Kane. However we do have other people capable of taking set pieces like Rooney. Another reason to start Bertrand as far as I'm concerned!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Thoughts on the Wales game Sun Fin?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Eating my words.

I think Hodgson made some astute tactical substitutions and I think we could realistically get to the quarters.

Lallana had a good game and I think Sturridge has got to start the next game. People are raving about Vardy but other than his goal he didn't really do much so I do wonder if starting him is the right decision but after Thursday I'm willing to trust the manager.

Thought Rooney had a great game at CM for the most part but I do worry against the really good times we might struggle with him and Alli both playing as Rooney's defensive frailties lead to the Bale free-kick. Rooney's freekicks and corners were a vast improvement over Kane's so I was pleased to see Roy take that in to account.

How about you Dong?
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven