Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
14%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
8%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 118

Unread postby Duncan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:49 pm

But Liverpool put Juventus out, and in the Italian league they are only behind Milan on goal difference - by one goal. Liverpool's style of play may be better suited to playing and beating Italian teams than British ones.

Chelsea are very strong though.
Duncan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jong Quo » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:30 pm

Chuck enough money at a club, and they WILL be strong. Chelsea were a decent team before Abramovich.
Favourite DW 4 Quotes:
Wei Yan: Death... Impossible!
Dong Zhou: Another Insect, Crushed!!
Dian Wei: Alright, Who's Next!!
Huang Zhong: Another victory for Huang Zhong!!
Jong Quo
Langzhong

Unread postby Asellas » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:11 pm

I'm not a fan of football, well, I was in my day but I have to say... Blackburn Rovers.... but Chelsea have been doing brilliantly for a long time now, we just need Blackburn Rovers to thrash them.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:45 am

We've got special things planned for Chelsea IF we win ;) just watch the TV hehe...

Anyway, Anfield will be so much livelier than the dull Bridge (where you could hear Liverpool fans sing in the background...that's only what, 3000 Liverpool fans?) C'mon...why don't Chelski fans go behind their team? Where's the singing and the passion?

Tuesday, regardless of the results, we'll show you what TRUE FANS are! You can buy players, you can buy the league, you can buy the cup but you can NEVER BUY FANS!!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!

P.S. I'm pissed at Mourinho. http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... ons_League

He conceded: ''The reception is always bad - always negative. I think it is normal.
''Not just Liverpool fans, but with every fan. They stand behind in the dugout and can almost touch me.
''We are a special club. We give away supporters the best seats in the house. When we play Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester United our fans have to go to the moon
''They have to sit at the top but here they have the best seats in the stadium - so we are a very special club.
''They try to disturb me a bit. Some are nice so I try to be nice - to calm them sometimes.
''When I came I said I was special because I was European champion. I arrived here with my ego big. Now it is even higher!

What the hell is wrong with Anfield Road? It's not high...it's right behind the goal, just like the Kop on the opposite side. If you look at the pictures where the Juventus fans are turning their backs to the Kop mosaic during the Anfield tie and sticking up their middle finger, you could see that...they are actually quite low...can almost touch the goalposts. Stupid Mourinho... Anny Road's fine!
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby brigadier liao hua » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:11 pm

I support the one and only SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (GO OWLS!)
Were Going to get promotion this season in the play-offs
brigadier liao hua
Langzhong

Unread postby Ranbir » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:32 pm

You haven't really been to Anfield so it will be hard to explain. :)
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Big J » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:22 pm

brigadier liao hua wrote:I support the one and only SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (GO OWLS!)

DAMN YOU! you beat HULL CITY :evil:
Big J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby brigadier liao hua » Sun May 01, 2005 1:25 pm

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

SOZ BIG J
Last edited by brigadier liao hua on Sun May 22, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brigadier liao hua
Langzhong

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Mon May 02, 2005 2:49 pm

Ranbir wrote:You haven't really been to Anfield so it will be hard to explain. :)

The seats aren't to the moon. You get the lower tier...

Btw, there are still 150 away tickets left...the Liverpool tickets are all sold out? Aren't you guys going out there to support your team?
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Duncan » Tue May 03, 2005 11:56 am

Big J wrote:
brigadier liao hua wrote:I support the one and only SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY (GO OWLS!)

DAMN YOU! you beat HULL CITY :evil:

Didn't every good team in the Division? Luton are going to get the round 100 points to help crown our championship. Very nice trophy it is too. :wink:

Mourinho does like talking twaddle. Of course it could be the language problem. Blame it on the translator (he started his career in football management as translator for Bobby Robson).
Duncan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven