Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
14%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
9%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 117

Re: Soccer teams?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:24 pm

Ah ok. Problem is Cahill and all the other options have come up short so we will leak goals anyway, Stones may benefit from the expirence of playing.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:09 am

Don't worry Mitsunari about the Arsenal fans revolting against Wenger. Those that complain to you online like myself, in person, the Arsenal supporters groups, bloggers, fans booing or hosting placards, we are all just a tiny sect of people engaged in an evil conspiracy against the heroic Wenger.

It is all the Lizard Council of the Illumanti's fault basically. Wenger has to go for his recent comments
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat May 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Oh yes, those Reptilian swines have a lot to answer for...

Well, my Sky Blues finished 8th, a mere 5 points off the playoffs. If only, IF ONLY, they hadn't capitulated from Christmas until March, gahhh...oh well, in Mowbray we trust. Play Up Sky Blues, next season we'll smash the lot of 'em. :mrgreen:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon May 16, 2016 8:40 am

Doesn't Mowbry have a tendency to start season well then falter off?

2nd but somehow doesn't quite feel deserved. I have enjoyed last day 4th place snatchings from Spurs but this one doesn't feel earnt for whatever reason
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon May 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Doesn't Mowbry have a tendency to start season well then falter off?

2nd but somehow doesn't quite feel deserved. I have enjoyed last day 4th place snatchings from Spurs but this one doesn't feel earnt for whatever reason

Aye, he does, and true to the pattern we blazed to 1st place by November and dramatically crumbled until the last 5 games of the season. Mowbray is the epitome of a manager without a 'Plan B', owing for injuries, tactical suppression and any team with a defensive mentality. At times, we were unstoppable, but thereafter we were shockingly clueless.

Well, deserved or not, 2nd place is still a remarkable achievement - if Leicester hadn't won the league, somehow, perhaps it would have been Arsenal's title.
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue May 17, 2016 7:03 am

Nothing in this season suggests we would have won the title :wink: If Leicester didn't win title, Spurs were best placed to take it, they just tailed off after failing to win the title.

Only 3 centrebacks Hodgson? Brave move.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue May 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Nothing in this season suggests we would have won the title :wink: If Leicester didn't win title, Spurs were best placed to take it, they just tailed off after failing to win the title.

Only 3 centrebacks Hodgson? Brave move.

If you had, Wenger would be sticking around until a time when he'd have to be wheeled out to the dugout on match days. :mrgreen:

I'd wait for Finny on the subject of England, I'm a Welshman. :wink:
Mitsunari

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon May 23, 2016 9:09 am

I presume that Dier is CB no.4, not overly keen on that is he should be one of our first names on the team sheet as a CDM. Can see why he didn't want to take Jagielka though!

Not keen on Wilshere or Delph going either. I don't mind Rashford being in the 26 as long as he doesn't make the 23 as some experience training with the full team might be good for him but he should go with the u21s for the actual tournament.

I enjoyed St Toteringham day as it made up for a fairly disapointing season overall. What do you think of our supposed signing of Xhaka?

Mittens do you wanna hang on to Mowbray or would you like to see a new manager? Also how are you feeling about the Euro's as a Welshman?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue May 24, 2016 6:08 pm

Agree with much of Sun Fin's comments

What do you think of our supposed signing of Xhaka?

Seen him for Swiss teams down the years, usually the leader in their midfield. Fine range of passing, energetic, good tackler, fine reading of the game but I am concerned by his disciplinary record on the pitch.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed May 25, 2016 8:44 am

Will he play in a holding role alongside Coquelin or Elneny do you think Dong? A leader with a bit of an attitude is something Arsenal have been lacking. I hope he doesn't get sent off every 5 games but hopefully he'll bring a bit of fire to the squad.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven