Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
14%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
8%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 118

Re: Soccer teams?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Personally I'd take Vardy as an optional wide or front man and have Sturridge over Lallana. Despite his injury track record I feel like his a more consistent option when fit.

No Noble? Not even in contention? Carrick is a solid shout, he'd be my back up if Henderson was too injured to go. Also for me it was a toss up between Barkley and Rooney. I think on form then it should be Barkley but I think Rooney adds to the dressing room.

How about your starting line up? How would it look?

Mine is:

GK: Hart
RB: Clyne
CB Smalling (C)
CB: Cahill
LB: Creswell
CDM: Dier
CDM: Drinkwater
RW: Vardy
CAM: Ali
LW: Welbeck
ST: Kane

Tempted to start Forster though, his been quality since coming back too form, I wonder if he was playing for United or Liverpool (and I won't be surprised if he was next season) whether he'd be undisputed 1st choice.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Mark Noble has spent no time with the England squad, no international expirence and suddenly would throw him in at the Euro's? Hodgson may have been right or wrong not to select him but at this point, he is too unknown a figure to have in the camp.

I would be tempted by Forster if Hodgson hadn't used him in friendlies

Hart: Clyne-Smalling-Stones-Betrand; Dier-Henderson; Lallana-Alli-Sterling; Kane
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 am

Do you lovely Gooners actually rate Danny Welbeck? Serious question here, lads.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:23 pm

He is a good squad player, disciplined, energetic, pace, gets a decent amount of goals, versatile. He does have an eye for something special and is quite inventive but he can frustrate with suddenly poor technique at times. Possibly a bit overpriced but glad we have him
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:He is a good squad player, disciplined, energetic, pace, gets a decent amount of goals, versatile. He does have an eye for something special and is quite inventive but he can frustrate with suddenly poor technique at times. Possibly a bit overpriced but glad we have him

So, in essence, he's a bit like an expensive, pacey Kanu? According to Wikipedia, his stats for Arsenal, since he joined, are 7 goals in 34 games?
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:51 am

I was more thinking a more flairy Wiltord. He spent most of last season coming off the bench or on the wing, this season mostly been injured but flourished up front but either is injured or got dropped for Giroud recently.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I was more thinking a more flairy Wiltord. He spent most of last season coming off the bench or on the wing, this season mostly been injured but flourished up front but either is injured or got dropped for Giroud recently.

Indeed, sometimes when a player is referred to as a 'forward', it blurs the lines between striker, second striker and winger. If he's making a regular contribution to Arsenal's attack, fair play to him.

All you need now is Klopp to knock Wenger off his throne, and lead you to the title. :wink:
Mitsunari

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:29 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Mark Noble has spent no time with the England squad, no international expirence and suddenly would throw him in at the Euro's? Hodgson may have been right or wrong not to select him but at this point, he is too unknown a figure to have in the camp.

We still have a few pre-tournament friendlies, I don't think it's too late to give him some squad opportunities.

Dong Zhou wrote:Hart: Clyne-Smalling-Stones-Betrand; Dier-Henderson; Lallana-Alli-Sterling; Kane

A few moths ago I would have started Smalling but his been so out of form recently I think it is brave to play him!

I also think starting Lallana and having no Vardy are very big calls.

I'm with Dong on Welbeck, versatile player who works hard and contributes where ever he is played!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Not before the 23 have to be selected I believe

A few moths ago I would have started Smalling but his been so out of form recently I think it is brave to play him!

I have watched Man U a fair few times of late, seems a bit harsh.

As for not starting Vardy, not been convinced by him on the wing for England and Kane is my main choice as striker.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Sorry I didn't mean Smalling, I'd have him as captian. I meant Stones, sorry for that moment of madness!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven