Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
13%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
9%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 119

Re: Soccer teams?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon May 22, 2017 7:01 am

Please for the love of the club, go Wenger, just go. It will be a hard slog to get back in top 4 if Liverpool, Spurs and Man U are anything to go by and we need a manager who matches up in the modern game, not one who had to have tactics explained to him by Big Sam after a humiliating defeat. He brought well but failed to get the best out of his new players, struggled for a system, sent out our teams in a bad way that gave the players difficulties, at times players seem to not believe in him and rumours suggest we might lose two star players and both our right-wing backs

I hoe Wenger can bow out with an Fa Cup but this season has been a massive failure and what some of us had warned would come
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon May 22, 2017 9:47 am

I don't think he is going sadly.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 am

No,, he will stay on and on and on, blocking reforms and not taking responsibility for his failure.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:00 pm

This is going to be a long, miserable season with Wenger at the helm. Players don't seem to believe in him, fans want him gone, he will get a 20 year contract that makes Bill Gates seem a pauper so no change will come
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:21 pm

This is the lowest point I can ever recall as an Arsenal fan. Even worse than the 8-2.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:05 pm

This is absurd. Wenger has to go at the end of the season. There's no point him going now, it's too late to redeem this season I think. We need a new manger with the name and the confidence to shake things up. I'd like either Allegri or failing that Ancelotti. Whoever we bring in they need to buy a GK, a CB, a CM and two wingers at least.

I finally agree with you Dong. #wengerout
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 am

As a totally unbiased observer, I think that Wenger should be given a few more years to be able to figure out the landscape of the modern league. Clearly, he's earned that much goodwill with his consistent top 4 finishes. Let's not forget that he was 2nd place 2 years ago ahead of more superior teams. Plus you can't discard all of those FA Cups he wins! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I think it's tough for him to get the boot without him deciding to leave (since Usmanov loves him). And I don't think he wants to leave in such a pitiful state for the team. FA Cups are simply not enough for him, especially since (probably) his major rival, SAF, won the league before he left. It's not going to be fun for the next few years. Even if he decides to hang it up, the team still has way too much to do to be competitive again. I mean, really competitive.

I just don't see a new manager immediately turning the club's fortunes around once Ozil and Alexis leave and your core starts to age. And I don't really see you guys attracting the really top talent unless you get back to CL, regardless of how attractive the destination currently is. Maybe buy in-league like Liverpool?
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:24 am

I agree with you to a point Mik. I think that is why he has held on as long as he had but now I think he is realising his not going to be able to get the club back to its former glory.

As for bringing in players, I think that depends on the manager. Mourinho managed to recruit the biggest talent to United despite being out the Champions League. That's partly to do with the stature of the club but also to do with him as a manager. If we can get one of the two managers I mentioned before then I think it's possible. If neither are interested and we go for an outside option (I've seen Viera and Van Bronckhorst names thrown about for example) then I think buying from within will be our only option.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Yeah the turnaround won't be easy. We won't have the "one year freak out of CL, big big big club, big big big manager" pull Man U did, we will have to adjust our cloth to the type of additions Liverpool and Spurs had to make as the regular 5th, sixth sides then hope a gap emerges when we are at a good place.

I doubt Wenger will go, perhaps sign a 6 year contract to signal our new league ambitions, he fears retirement and board hero worship him. He has stagnated and taken the club down with it, be intresting to see how much no CL (now it is no longer "we can take a one off hit") damages the club finances as could easily turn into a spiral as we try to adjust our spending.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Rumor mill has it that Arsenal have pulled out of the Malcom race, which we are now apparently in the lead on.

However, if you guys get Auba and Mhki even though you lose Sanchez, it might do decently for your team's late season surge. I'd be afraid. Think of the pace and skill defenders would have to go through with a Laca and Auba front line and I don't see many people doing well against it.

Your spine will still be relatively weak but Liverpool has gotten to where they are this season with an irresistible attack and a weaker spine so I dont see why you guys cant.
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven