I'm surprised no one is making a 3 Kingdom MOBA.

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

I'm surprised no one is making a 3 Kingdom MOBA.

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:19 pm

At the very least I imagine a game like this would make bank in Asia. Pick you favorite 3 Kingdoms hero and duke it out online. I wish I had the money or talent to make something like this. I really think a MOBA based on the 3 Kingdoms would work. The creeps could be your troops, and towers could be territory. Managing your supply line on the battle field.
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: I'm surprised no one is making a 3 Kingdom MOBA.

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:58 pm

I feel like the Legend of Cao Cao mobile game has a monopoly over 3K fans the mobile games.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:00 am

There was a 3K Moba game. In fact, I think there were several. There was one that was a blatant League of Legends ripoff in pretty much every way. the map was the same exact thing for instance. A few of them are mobile only, and all of them are invariably Chinese games.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Terranigma Freak » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Jordan wrote:There was a 3K Moba game. In fact, I think there were several. There was one that was a blatant League of Legends ripoff in pretty much every way. the map was the same exact thing for instance. A few of them are mobile only, and all of them are invariably Chinese games.

Damn, that sounds super lame! I think it could really capture the Chinese market if it was well done. It's so weird to see 3 Kingdoms characters shoved into Arena of Valor (or the Chinese version).
Terranigma Freak
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Return to Gamers’ Haven