What are you playing right now?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: What are you playing right now?

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:07 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I tend not to craft but I agree with you about the open world and loss of pacing, I do see your point about being overly powerful but I like being your lordly king :wink:

Well, clearly you aren't the only one since this is becoming pretty common in games. I'm probably just this grumpy old man telling all the kids to get off his lawn at this point.

I also am really excited that I finally have a two monitor setup at home (and a massive desk for everything) because...I can now play 25-30-year-old RPGs with the maps/manuals/etc. open on one screen and DOSBox open on the other - no more windows or minimizing and all that hassle. I guess what i'm saying is I'm probably not who EA is trying to please, and that's probably best for their bank account.
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:30 pm

ky9ersfan wrote:I am stoked I already bought ROTK 13...

The base game or the one with expansion pack? You'll need the Fame and Strategy pack to get much more enjoyment out of it, especially if you prefer non-ruler positions.
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Currently playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX, while also doing a Let's Play of it on my YouTube channel here: The Thirsty Baron.

Sun Fin is among the individuals (friends from Facebook) I have created as officers for my force (He's Gao Feng). I'm planning to play Dynasty Tactics 2 in the future, and maybe ROTK XI as well. I'll also have some other non-ROTK games eventually too: (Morrowind, Rome Total War 1 (with mods), Maximo, Mark of Kri, Socom 2, Far Cry 2, Legend of Cao Cao, Crusader Kings 2, and maybe even Total War: Three Kingdoms) Basically just going through a bunch of games I've enjoyed that either don't have many (or any) HD recordings on YouTube, and that I think are really fun to play.
Last edited by Aaron.K on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Also, check out my forum. A general history board called: The History Room
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:58 pm

I'm quite a few episodes behind now, but I'm really enjoying it! Worth watching just to hear Aaron's voice... which is nothing like I expected :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aaron.K » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I'm quite a few episodes behind now, but I'm really enjoying it! Worth watching just to hear Aaron's voice... which is nothing like I expected :lol:

I was not blessed by genetics with vocal chords that give me a deep resonant voice like my father has.
"Don't trust anyone. Never sit with your back to an entrance. Wear shoes with reversed footprints."
Also, check out my forum. A general history board called: The History Room
Aaron.K
Sage

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:39 pm

Thinking of getting Greedfall. Seems like Spider Studios are entering double A status. Looks like a solid action rpg. I wonder if there are really no fetch quests, as stated in one of the reviews.

Edit 28/09/19.
Out of luck...again :lol: All the physical copies been sold out in my local store. Have to wait now. On the bright side...some patches might come in in the meantime :)
Do what you believe is right and don't be distracted by praises or insults.
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven