Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
14%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
8%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 118

Re: Soccer teams?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 am

Been impressed by Liverpool's transfer moves so far, upgraded in goal, added depth in attacking areas, added to their midfield. Title challenge coming?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:14 am

They seemed the closest team to City by the end of the season and their transfers have certainly improved them. I guess the big question is can Salah continue last season's extraordinary form and if not will Firminho and Mane be able to pick up the slack? All three are without doubt talented players but last season Salah was something else!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HanXin94 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:51 am

Liverpool have to be up there. They just need an experienced CB now and they are set.

Sent from my MIX 2 using Tapatalk
HanXin94
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:24 am

Do you not think that with Van Dijk they've got enough options to play alongside him? Personally I'd like to see Gomez get more playing time at CB!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HanXin94 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:28 am

Lovren is a bit shaky. He was fairly solid for Croatia but he has too many mistakes in him in my opinion. Van Dijk is a great CB but I think they need to improve upon Lovren.

HanXin94
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:48 pm

I agree Lovren isn't good enough but I think that both Matip and Gomez are better than him and have the potential to be good enough with some playing time.

Who do you support HanXin?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HanXin94 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:53 pm

I don't support anyone, I was at Kidderminster Harriers academy when I was 16 so I guess I really I liked them

HanXin94
Apprentice

Unread postby HanXin94 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:56 pm

But now they're languishing in conference north which is sad for me to see.
I don't think Matip is the right CB. He is of a similar mould to Van Dijk, excellent cover though. Gomez has potential but I hope he isn't overhyped and ruined like every other promising English footballer.

HanXin94
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:24 am

That is sad! Did you say you are coaching football in China now? What team do you coach?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HanXin94 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 am

I don't coach a professional team. I work at a training school for football. I still need to get my UEFA A License before I can work at a professional club. But I hope I can get to that level someday.

HanXin94
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven