Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:14 pm

I noticed that bug in my vampire counts game as I had a huge garrison and it dropped my necromancer that my building provided.

Skaven is one of those groups that takes a long time to allow you to build up a group of armies. I agree that they should make it easier to make more armies. I found that the only way to sustain my armies is to constantly raid.

I agree that the older races need work. They definitely need new starting areas in the West. That would really help out.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Seems we'll hear more on the game 1 race ME update soon:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comme ... w/dpv0417/

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:Skaven is one of those groups that takes a long time to allow you to build up a group of armies. I agree that they should make it easier to make more armies. I found that the only way to sustain my armies is to constantly raid.

There's a mod that says it removes the extra general penalty for Greenskins and Skaven, but I'm unsure if it works or not--in game 1 at least that required editing the scripts but looked like it could be done with a table edit, and I've seen several mods put up in the past that didn't actually work because the creator didn't realize that.

Honestly I just removed the entire "per lord" upkeep penalty and increased the AI's bonuses to compensate. Older games didn't have it and it gives the factions with stronger units (Elves, Dwarfs) a big advantage.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 pm

How do you remove the per lord upkeep? That would really be neat.
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 am

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:How do you remove the per lord upkeep? That would really be neat.

There's an existing mod on the workshop (although it hasn't updated in a bit it shouldn't matter for this particular change):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ord+upkeep

As for how it's done, you need either the assembly kit installed or the tool Pack File Manager. I strongly suggest Pack File Manager, myself. The official editor erases your work after the game updates. Then you need an empty .pack file. Go to the data folder where Warhammer II in installe and copy an existing mod, then paste the clone somewhere for editing, rename it to whatever you want, and open it with pack file manager. Delete whatever is there already then right click the mod's name in the left window, select "add--from pack", it should take you to the Warhammer II data folder, open data.pack. In the new window for adding open "db", and right click the tables "campaign_features" and "effect_bundles_to_effects" to add them then click ok. Inside the tables you'll have files called "data__", rename both "data__" files to something else, that is very important.

Then you need to change the two tables:
*campaign_features--change "additional army upkeep" assigned to "wh_Feature_all" and uncheck it. Delete the other entries.
*effect_bundles_to_effect: there are five "bundles"--"wh_main_bundle_force_additional_army_upkeep_easy", and four equivalents for each difficulty setting (normal, hard, very_hard, legendary). Delete everything else and set each of those bundle's value to 0.

Just doing it without adjusting the AI bonuses in any way will make the campaign easier. Those bonuses can be changed in the table "campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects", also under db and added the same way. They're pretty self-explanatory--the number on the left corresponds to difficulty not directly but in how it favors AI or Human. Here's a chart:
If the bonus is set to affect human, than -3 is legendary, -2 is Very Hard, -1 is Hard, 0 is normal, 1 is easy.
If it isn't set to affecth the human this is in reverse: 3 is legendary, 2 is Very Hard, 1 is hard, 0 is normal, -1 is easy.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 am

That is rather intimidating, I might try it at some point, but for now I will stay as things are.

I do appreciate you typing all of that out, it is awesome...scary but awesome :P :lol:
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 am

I saw a topic on the Steam forums that led to me doing some digging and I found something interesting. I'll copy paste my post from there:

I just checked the chaos invasion script for Mortal Empires and found something very interesting.

The Chaos invasion (both the first part and Archaon spawning) triggers when the player reaches a certain "Imperium" (same thing that causes Great Power penalty) level, but there's also a "Timeout"--once it is reached the game rolls for the possibility for the chaos invasion steps to occur--it's a bit randomzied, at least in game 1--once the timeout is reached there is a chance each turn of it happening. Initially the timeout was 150 turns for the initial invasion and 200 for Archaon (turns out I still had a copy of the pre-patch ME script lying around).

Now, however, the "timeout" for when the event occurs is set to "FALSE". So if I'm reading it right Archaon and the chaos invasion don't spawn based off time passed anymore--only how powerful the player becomes. This makes getting a short victory without fighting Archaon more likely than in game 1.

The "Imperium" levels required are 8 (which requires 50 "prestige") for the initial invasion and 11 (80 "prestige") for Archaon.
Here is what gives you prestige:
*2 for owning your capital (your starting city, for Bretonnians it's probably the major city you start with)
*1 for each region, and an additional 1 for a province capital (these stack with the above, I assume).
*1 for each region owned by a vassal.

Some of the above values might change in a later patch.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:52 am

I was wondering where Chaos is during my Vampire Counts game. I am over 120 turns in and the first wave hasn't even shown up yet. I control a good amount of territory, and am expanding into the dwarven/Orc territories as they both have declared war on me. I only have the southern empire territories. I am playing Vlad and allied with the main Vampire Count faction who has expanded into the mountains to the east. I am worried that Chaos will come with the majority of my armies in the south. I will have to really try for peace if they show up soon. It is expensive to expand down south but I have little choice if they keep attacking me. If Chaos comes now I am going to have to do a mad dash up north to counter them hoping that Manfried can hold them off until I can make peace with my neighbors and rush all of my armies up to counter them. :lol:
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:36 pm

New development blog.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/warhammer ... ent-update

Tldr;
This December; a free new game mode (the "experiment" I guess)
Norsca's probably coming to game 2 in May.
Tomb Kings in January (not so subtly).

Edit: Thoughts
*I honestly never cared much for Norsca since they're a weird grab-bag of units, but the delay is irritating becase it means half a year of the chariot spam.
*This new game mode is what I'm most interested in, but I'll keep my expectations as low as possible in case it ends up being multiplayer related.
*I have to do an effort post for the Tomb Kings now. Would get on it but there's family related uncertainty so it's possible I won't get around to it in time.

Edit 2:
The Regiments of Renown for DLC factions is coming with Norsca, the free Legendary Lord is coming with Tomb Kings.
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comme ... a/dqt0jtn/
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:18 pm

If I had to guess, I would say the Tomb Kings will be based in the desert in the Eastern continent? I don't know anything about the lore of fantasy Warhammer. I guess they will displace the various undead factions currently there.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:If I had to guess, I would say the Tomb Kings will be based in the desert in the Eastern continent? I don't know anything about the lore of fantasy Warhammer. I guess they will displace the various undead factions currently there.

Yes, I believe the spots currently occupied by the Necrarch Brotherhood and the Silver Horde is the Tomb Kings territories, similar to how the Bretonnian southlands factions are sitting on Araby.

Edit: Skaven lab mode is the new experimental game mode.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/skaven-labs

Sounds like something I'd play maybe once or possibly never. Nothing too exciting for me.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven