Total War Warhammer

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

Re: Total War Warhammer

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:08 am

I think I'll have difficulty balancing between getting towns under my control (may just take all the Norsca/chaos towns and raze the empire/Kislev towns) and razing to the gods

Not sure we have a character limit. CA are being coy? There is literally no surprise as to the first DLC race or if there is a surprise, it will be one of massive disappointment but I like the conspiracy of silence, that is a lovely bit of lore
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:I think I'll have difficulty balancing between getting towns under my control (may just take all the Norsca/chaos towns and raze the empire/Kislev towns) and razing to the gods

Not sure we have a character limit. CA are being coy? There is literally no surprise as to the first DLC race or if there is a surprise, it will be one of massive disappointment but I like the conspiracy of silence, that is a lovely bit of lore

Well, by coy I mean they haven't been announced officially and when discussed on forums or facebook usually reply with variants of "Skaven don't exist".
EDIT: Apparently a Turkish ad leaked. Doomwheel confirmed. Also possibly a legendary lord:
Looks like Queek Headtaker, though I can't say for 100% as someone else said his appearance gets copied by other warlods at times. Still, comparing it to Queek's model...if that's not him it's the Skaven's No. 1 cosplayer.

Finally, someone has gathered information on changes to old Legendary Lords with the upcoming Norsca patch:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comme ... mpilation/

Edit 2: Official video on Old World updates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8ws-_r-zIk
*The commonly requested change of Warriors of Chaos vassalizing (instead of allying) awakened tribes has been made, among other attempts to make their campaign less hated.
*Wood Elves now get followers.
*AI controlled Empire now starts with all of Reikland.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 am

Yeah I would have appreciated that vassal chaos thing before I started but intresting how big the changes are to the main game
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:49 am

Ok I thought Norsca DLC was free for anyone who preordered Warhammer 2 but I was waiting for an offer on steam, have I missed my chance or still going to be free for preorders?
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Ok I thought Norsca DLC was free for anyone who preordered Warhammer 2 but I was waiting for an offer on steam, have I missed my chance or still going to be free for preorders?

Norsca comes free if you pre-order or buy within the first week of release:
https://www.totalwar.com/norsca/
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Part of me wants to preorder the second game and get the norsaca DLC but another part of me isn't sure my computer can handle the second game as my computer always whines after playing the first game for a while. Oh, I am low on visual memory again? what a shocker! :P
"If you can't drink a lobbyist's whiskey, take his money, sleep with his women and still vote against him in the morning, you don't belong in politics."
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:20 pm

So I don't know about other factions, but Warriors of Chaos can force Norscan factions to become a vassal after defeating their leader in a battle by offering peace (may be "Red") and Vassalage at the same time--you can use this to get Wulfric and Throgg on-side without smashing all their infrastructure, making them hopefully useful for invading the south, since the various techs that raise replenishment only work in allied territory and not while encamping (Beastmen suffer from the same glitch).

Also, only marauder units (and related ones like Warhounds) have Infighting attrition so Lightning Strike is no longer mandatory.

Edit: Heh, Norsca can trade now. Considering how little money they make from settlements, if playing as them it might be worth keeping 1 or 2 small Norsca tribes alive as vassals to trade with.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 am

Gray Riders wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Ok I thought Norsca DLC was free for anyone who preordered Warhammer 2 but I was waiting for an offer on steam, have I missed my chance or still going to be free for preorders?

Norsca comes free if you pre-order or buy within the first week of release:
https://www.totalwar.com/norsca/

Thanks, for some reason I got worried
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Gray Riders » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Well, Friday had a hotfix that's main effect seems to be borking the launcher in various ways, and since it's the weekend we probably won't have a fix until Monday.

EDIT: Launcher is fixed.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/eye-vortex-campaign-map/
^Warhammer II map revealed.
It seems the Skaven will start in Lustria and the Southlands.

So the first two (and almost certainly playable) are ???? ???? and ???? ?????????...probably "Clan Mors" (pretty much confirmed already) and "Clan Pestilens", so probably Lord Skrolk.
Thanquol might be FLC or DLC later, possibly alongside the combined map to put him in Skavenblight.

Edit 2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comme ... anatorium/

Edit 3:
SKAVEN TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8EQ1KNkpmw
Hell-Pit Abomination, which I was never expecting to see.
Also I didn't spot until pointed out, but Lord Skrolk is seen for a bit. So it seems our Legendary Lords will be Queek Headtaker and Lord Skrolk.

A new ritual went up as well; completing it
the answer is "tailed

Unlocks a Skaven campaign intro, including an appearance from Thanquol and
reveals that the Skaven's goal is to get enough warpstone summon a daemon--strongly suggested to be Skreech Verminking--to help control the vortex.

Campaign info:
http://wccftech.com/total-war-warhammer ... um=twitter
*Skaven cities look like ruins.
*They can summon Clanrat units anywhere on the map a limited number of times.
*They have "Food" as a campaign resource.

Edit:
http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/total-wa ... 18466.html
^According to translate:
*It seems not all Skaven settlements can make food, so swarming up to plunder a city and vanish again could be important.
*Skaven generals can rebel; you keep them loyal by giving them magic items, good troops, and letting them win battles.
*Skaven can use food to expand cities so they may not need to rely on slowly building settlements up later in the game.
*Apparently Skaven corruption lowers their own public order...considering the AI gets huge public order buffs it might be a bad idea to actually spread it when playing as them.
Gray Riders
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:22 am

Yay Skaven! Dramatic trailer and sounds like a very different way of playing (I'm good at letting them win stuff at least). Map looks huge
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Gamers’ Haven