Soccer teams?

Discuss everything game-related including consoles and console games and hardware, pen and paper roleplaying (e.g. D&D), modern sports, and more.

What soccer team do you support (if any)

Arsenal
14%
Manchester Utd
17%
Chelsea
7%
Liverpool
9%
AC Milllan
7%
Juventus
2%
Inter Millan
5%
Bayern Munich
3%
Other
37%

Total votes : 117

Re: Soccer teams?

Unread postby Hussam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 am

Sun Fin wrote:I agree with all that Dong said.

I'm also wondering if following Hodgson and Cameron's resignations whether resigning from being English is an option?

I hear Germany is a nice place with a good football team?

:lol:

Dong Zhou wrote:
Hussam wrote:I hear Germany is a nice place with a good football team?

I thought it was possible. Iceland give chances away but we aren't clinical and weren't while Iceland are strong at setplays (our weakness) and when they counter-attack, they have three intelligent players so was a possibility there. What alarmed me more then the defeat is Hart's mentality and the way we mentally collapsed in the second half

Your man would be Sun Fin here.
I agree though, Germany seems like a nice place but I would have to cross the Mediterranean to get there :lol:
You mean the players kind of gave up in the second half ?
عالندا الندا الندا و الورد مفتح ع خدا
و إن ما عطيوني ياكي يا جبال العالي لهدا
Hussam
Student

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Not so much gave up, sort of froze and forget their instructions, got scared of driving at players or demanding the ball
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Hussam » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:40 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Not so much gave up, sort of froze and forget their instructions, got scared of driving at players or demanding the ball

England needs Cao Cao as a manager.
عالندا الندا الندا و الورد مفتح ع خدا
و إن ما عطيوني ياكي يا جبال العالي لهدا
Hussam
Student

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Season about to start

My predictions: A Manchester club to win league, Hull to finish bottom by a mile with two of Swansea, Burnley and Sunderland to go down, Arsenal to finish in top 4 but with old failings including utter lack of ambition in the transfer market.

I expect it will be a shaky few weeks for Arsenal due to some players only just starting training leaving us a bit delpleted
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:02 am

Fifa must be laughing their heads off as England's constant lectures about corruption and integrity seem as hypocritical as it ever was

Delighted by Arsenal's start to season, really surprised at how well Sanchez is doing up front given how bad he has been there in past
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Delighted by Arsenal's start to season, really surprised at how well Sanchez is doing up front given how bad he has been there in past

Like you say Sanchez is doing very well up top and for the first time since the Invincible's we seem to have a solid back line! I'm excited about our potential this season as there doesn't seem to be any stand out teams but 4 or 5 of us who are all fighting it out. I suspect we'll have lots of twists and turns before we know who will be crowned champions!

What do you think of Southgate being appointed manager?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Unsurprising and uninspiring. Fingers crossed Toulon means he has crossed a line into good manager after questionable record for Boro and U21's, I wasn't impressed by his management as caretaker but I can see what he is trying to do and it may take time for players to get comfortable with it. I suspect his inexperience will tell but we will get through the qualifying camapign
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:59 pm

What a week for Arsenal, 9 goals in less than 2 games. Let's hope they can get it up!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am

Wenger's lowest ever ebb Dong? The only thing I can recall as humiliating as last night was the 8-2 against Man U and at that time we had the excuse of the worlds longest injury list. Wenger pretty much had his best squad available for this game. It pains me to say it but I really do think the time has come for Wenger to retire at the end of this season.
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:00 pm

Given we were 5-1 down and had family stuff, I skipped the second leg. May have made the right call :wink:

I think the last few seasons have been a disaster for Wenger. Last year was the year where, having won two Fa Cups, we were expected to push on and when all the big teams fell away, that this could be our year. Our title challenge didn't last beyond February, Spurs put up a stronger title fight. Then this year, we brought big so money couldn't be an excuse but defence has gone backwards despite Mustafi, Xhaka has been a liability, Perez feels the new Poldoslki while the same old flaws keep turning up.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Previous

Return to Gamers’ Haven