DoaE style RPG Maker VX Ace Starter Kit

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DoaE style RPG Maker VX Ace Starter Kit

Unread postby sjmorgan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:49 am

I have to honestly admit that I have not ripped one of the necessary sprites to release this kit. I have another project I work on that I've been working on half a year and it's no where near done.

This kit is only waiting on NES DoaE 1 and 2 walking sprites and world map tilesfor release. Everything functions at this point and if you weren't using said sprites anyways, you could make a game with it.

If anyone wants to either rip the sprites, or make something that doesn't involve them, shoot me a message.

Example of what can be done easily. I started messing with it tonight, and powered through setting up some characters, a map, stats, and basic equipment for said characters. If I did this for 2 weeks straight, I could get an entire custom character list, tactic list, equipment list, items, a bunch of maps, and battles done and have a g game not using a single DoaE sprite.

I used some DoaE portrait backgrounds as bases and duplicated others, then threw sprites over them for the "Face Sets" the battlers so far used. It was easy.

sjmorgan
Tyro

Unread postby sjmorgan » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:57 am

Destiny of the Dragon Lord has been completed and released in Public Beta v 1.0

The open source starter pack is coming next, where anyone will be able to make games of or exceeding this quality!

https://www.rpgmaker.net/games/8867/
sjmorgan
Tyro

Unread postby sjmorgan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:08 pm

Open source for Destiny of the Dragon Lord on RPG Maker VX ace is now available for download.

https://www.rpgmaker.net/games/8867/

The open source has unedited versions of the battle and menu system, so the save feature from the Player version of Destiny of the Dragon Lord is not present in the Open Source for devs. You can go through the game in the editor and see how everything works and use the systems to make an actual Destiny of an Emperor themed game in VX Ace.

You can choose to screen shot rip sprites from Destiny of an Emperor 1 and 2 or make your own. You could even use higher quality sprites and backgrounds in battle. You can use the Tactics system, make new Tactics, old ones, ect. You can add scripts to give Tactics even more functionality with ease from the VX Ace Master Script List.

Have fun!
sjmorgan
Tyro

Previous

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods