Tutorial hex editing ROTKXI

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Tutorial hex editing ROTKXI

Unread postby fachrul » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Can someone teach me how to use hex editor , i want to edit character and item , i've read zetta guide but i dont understand it ,, and with that so many binary bits how do you understand what are them exactly???

"experience is the best teacher"
fachrul
Tyro

Re: Tutorial hex editing ROTKXI

Unread postby Feng Shin » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:25 pm

fachrul wrote:Can someone teach me how to use hex editor , i want to edit character and item , i've read zetta guide but i dont understand it ,, and with that so many binary bits how do you understand what are them exactly???

"experience is the best teacher"

I can help you, seems you're a fellow Indonesian, am I right? anyway,

first you need a hex editor I'm using Hex Editor Neo and Universal Face Editor RTK XI to edit my Created Officer Avatar Models, Portraits and Critical Skill Portraits in battle.

second open the scenario file you wanted to edit which in C:\Program Files\Koei\RTKXI\Media\scenario (the default folder) that is if you wanted to edit the pre-exsisted officer or original officer like Zhao Yun, Lu Bu, Liu Bei, Cao Cao etc etc, but if you wanted to edit your Created officer of your own you open the MakeData.S11 in C:\My Documents\Koei\RTKXI\SaveData or in here C:\My Documents\Koei\RTKXI\TPrsn (the default folder). Make a back up of your file before you edit them and place them in a new folder as back up just in case something fucked up.

third find the officer name you want to edit I'm using a Created officer as an example Feng Shin, CTRL+F as a STRING VALUE then you type just Feng instead of Feng Shin.

Search Feng.JPG
Search Feng.JPG (126.59 KiB) Viewed 1498 times

if youre having trouble finding the value follow this, press and hold CTRL on Feng and point them on the first letter of your Biography History, in my case its M and its 4d in Hex.

Feng Shin.JPG
Feng Shin.JPG (141.46 KiB) Viewed 1498 times

follow the last 3 columns which is 28 that is Guile Cards see this great post http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22598 after that edit the model value. Heres for model reference http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19797

Model Value.JPG
Model Value.JPG (141.96 KiB) Viewed 1498 times

00 67 00 70 0c 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff 28 right after 28 is the value for avatar model from left to right as follows :
Stance - Headwear - Face - Body - Cape - Arms - Boots - Arrows - ?? - ?? - Weapon - Horse

00 (stance for normal male)
67 (White Helmet Military Officer 3)
00 (Zhao Yun Face)
70 (White Military Officer 3 Body)
0c (Sun Ce's Cape)
00 (Zhao Yun Arms)
00 (Zhao Yun Boots)
ff (no arrows) put 14 if you want to add an arrow model on your back
ff (no ??)
ff (no ??)
ff (no weapon) put 01 = Serpent Spear, 02 = Blue Dragon, 03 = Sky Scorcher, 04 = Arrow, 05 = Fan
ff (no mount) put 01 = Red Hare, 02 = Hex Mark, 03 = Shadow Runner, 04 = Gray Lightning

this is the result :
Feng Shin
Tyro

Re: Tutorial hex editing ROTKXI

Unread postby fachrul » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:51 am

wow thanks man , i got confuse with it

yeah i'm an indonesian people
fachrul
Tyro

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods