ROTK11 Random Scenarios

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: ROTK11 Random Scenarios

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:27 am

Zyzyfer,

In this case, after randoming the officer, we have to use hex editor to create another officers slots in Historical 01 slot onwards on these 6 officers.
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:10 am

foosoomin wrote:Zyzyfer,

In this case, after randoming the officer, we have to use hex editor to create another officers slots in Historical 01 slot onwards on these 6 officers.

Yes. You should ideally be randomizing a scenario that already has all the changes to officers that you want. And then all you have to do is make sure the original Dengs/Nings are dead after randomizing.

Also, if you want to use the Historical XX officers, this is relevant:

Zetta wrote:You can change manually which officers are modified during scenario creation. Open the program with a text editor and replace the occurences of "while x<670:" that you can find with "while x<700:" so that the program also modifies the "Historical XX" slots (the 30 additional officers). I'll change it in the next update though.

If you don't do this, they will not be included in any of the randomization process. That includes force reassignment.

I believe the x<670 appears three times in the Python code.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:56 am

I don't quite understand, after I randomize the scenario file, I will copy Deng officers, change their status at original position, to FF.

Then, I paste them onto Historical slots.

Am I right ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:47 am

foosoomin wrote:I don't quite understand, after I randomize the scenario file, I will copy Deng officers, change their status at original position, to FF.

Then, I paste them onto Historical slots.

Am I right ?

Yes, you can do it before or after.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PRO » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:24 am

Hey Zetta, your randomizer may be the most brilliant thing to happen to this game since X scenarios. Don't know if you're still making revisions, but I have a few requests.

1. Randomized officer stats are too high
- Most scenarios generated have too many officers with high stats. I have games where there are 12 officers over 96 INT and 7 with 100 POL at just the beginning. Half the generals have 80+ WAR. I find myself having officers with 90 stats keeping the back cities. It makes finding and recruiting good generals less thrilling and personnel distribution unnecessary. If there's a way to lower average stats I'd appreciate it.
-Also could you perhaps make it possible to randomize stats, APT, and skills separately?

2. Random Starting Deeds
- I find that scenarios where there are a few large forces tend to have high starting ranks, but since everyone starts at basic deeds 1000 or 0. Troop command can only be at 6000. Randomizing deeds also gives officers with lower stats more usability as they can command more troops early on.

3. Preferred Forces
- This is probably impossible, but perhaps have an option to have rulers always have family member and sworn siblings as their officers? Just a personal preference, but I always hate seeing the different Caos and Suns all over the place and Liu, Guan, Zhang separated.
PRO
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:40 am

Not Zetta and can't speak for 2 or 3. But with 1, if you have a minimal understanding of Python code and open up the script in Word or something, you can actually tinker around with the code. You may prefer to alter the ratios of the different officer types, or alter the ranges for the different stats. It doesn't really require you to know Python code, you just need to be able to recognize what you're looking at. It might be possible to give you some advice if that's what you want to do, because Zetta doesn't check in all that often.

#2 would definitely require a bit of new code, which I can't do.

#3 may very well be possible for Zetta to write up code someday, but I do wonder how that code would work if Sun Jian, Sun Ce, Sun Quan, Cao Cao, Cao Pi, and Cao Rui are all rulers?
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PRO » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:07 am

The stats aren't a big problem anymore as I've learned that I enjoy the actual stats better or at least my variation of it. And the family thing I've just gone around to manually hex editing officers although it takes forever.

But the deeds one would be nice.
PRO
Tyro

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:12 am

Zetta, not sure if you're still checking here at all. But if you do happen to check in, I was wondering if you could advise me on how to remove the randomization aspect of the leader selection for this when choosing historical rulers. I want to set a fixed list, but it keeps adding random officers into the pool. I tried to fix it myself but was unsuccessful.
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:45 am

hi zetta,

Would you mind re-upload the PUK version again ? Could not find it anymore

Thank you in advance
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:24 am

hi zetta, the creator

Possible to modify the software again ?

Like the ability to allow us to choose how many city per force ?

Example we choose 7 forces, with 6 cities per force
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods