ROTK11 Random Scenarios

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: ROTK11 Random Scenarios

Unread postby Calamitus » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:23 pm

Any news on update?
Calamitus
Apprentice

Unread postby Zetta » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Sorry, I've been away for quite a while now. I had to move out for a new job and was quite busy. I've read the comments and finally took some time to update the randomizer to v1.07

Patch notes:
- There is now a "Rise of Heroes" checkbox that allows you to have unlimited lifespans
- City specialty has been slightly tweaked:
  • large cities have more HP and can store up to 150 000 soldiers
  • specialty distribution has been slightly changed to spawn less Weaponry and Navy cities and more Large cities
- Cutting ties option will now replace clan byte with the officer's number (Each officer will be his own clan)
- A few bugfixes here and there

Again, I've only been able to test it with english version, I hope there won't be any bugs introduced in foreign versions. Have fun!
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:44 am

Zetta there is another feature you can add up to the new patch (if you are making one) that is a allow a force to choose to be Yellow Turbans. Boy you can imagine the insane possibilities with the YT available in game to steamroll everyone. :roll:

Question
For those random liked/disliked officers, how can i tell which officers are coded to like whom? For dislike officers i can differentiate by sworn siblings or pairing up in a unit.

For the tech level distribution, how can we tell the techs are distributed without achieving higher tech than expected?
For medium tech most forces already reached two or three 3rd tier techs already.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:42 am

Hyper90 wrote:Zetta there is another feature you can add up to the new patch (if you are making one) that is a allow a force to choose to be Yellow Turbans. Boy you can imagine the insane possibilities with the YT available in game to steamroll everyone. :roll:

Personal opinion, but cringe :x

Question
For those random liked/disliked officers, how can i tell which officers are coded to like whom? For dislike officers i can differentiate by sworn siblings or pairing up in a unit.

Option 1) Pop under the hood and open the file in hex.
Option 2) See if officers assist each other in combat.
Option 3) I'm not certain about this one, but I think having a liked officer as a lieutenant with higher LDR/WAR than the commander gives a better bonus to the unit?

For the tech level distribution, how can we tell the techs are distributed without achieving higher tech than expected?
For medium tech most forces already reached two or three 3rd tier techs already.

I'm not sure about what you mean with your first question. But Zetta made it so the "medium tech" option offers tiers 2 and 3. You'll notice that "low tech" is tiers 1 and 2, and "high" is pretty much anything.

It's possible to open the file in word and change the code, but much like with hex, you need a simple and general understanding of how the Python code works to discern the basics.

That said, I do feel the tech distribution is quite generous...!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zetta » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:24 pm

When officer ties are randomized, there isn't any simple way to find out who likes who. Unless you open the file (hex-editor) and learn a bit about hex-editing stuff. It's accessible through the guide.

I'm not currently planning on updating the RandOTK program. I'm fairly satisfied with it now, and I don't plan to add any new features. I could make a "File output.txt" or a preview or something like that though. But I'm not sure it's really worth it, since you can just open the scenario with the game and take a quick look with it.
Zetta
Initiate

Unread postby Calamitus » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:21 pm

PUK version has officer editor where you can check liked/disliked officers.
Calamitus
Apprentice

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:04 am

Love this thread, will try it soon
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:14 am

zetta, your below post

IA Setup: lets you choose the global behavior of each force. Only affects the "force code", not the district or leader behavior (might want to change that in the near future though).
Aggressive - each force should try to conquer China.
Moderate - each force wants to conquer a region or province.
Random - each force will have different motivations, from "conquer china" to "rubbish force".

We do know that by changing force code to "aggressive", some officer ( ruler ) will still NOT be aggressive.

So, is there any way to modify character aggressive attribute ?
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby foosoomin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:19 am

second question,

Do we still have to create additional officer slots for the "Deng" officers & Ning Sui, so that the game won't crash ?

I assume we still need to
foosoomin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:44 am

Gonna fill in for Zetta and field these...

foosoomin wrote:So, is there any way to modify character aggressive attribute ?

No, it's embedded in the hex for the game itself and I don't think we will ever crack that. Well, maybe Lezard could, but you should probably send a private message and ask directly about that. And be ready to volunteer to help out with coding. :wink:

Simply put, nobody has the knowledge/time/desire to solve the dumb AI issue on an old game with a somewhat limited fan base.

Do we still have to create additional officer slots for the "Deng" officers & Ning Sui, so that the game won't crash ?

I assume we still need to

Your assumption is correct.

There is also another minor problem that comes up with the Dengs/Nings when using the randomizer. Since it, by default, resets the status of everyone whose death year falls after the start of the scenario to free and alive, these officers get resurrected if the player had killed them off to avoid the bug. Thus, the player will need to reset their status to dead again real quick in the hex editor once randomization is complete.

It might also be possible to set their death years to fall prior to the start of the scenario so they get set to dead. But it's still worthwhile to check their status anyway after randomizing.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods