RTK10+PUK Translation Improvement (8/23/14 Update!)

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

RTK10+PUK Translation Improvement (8/23/14 Update!)

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Note: After finding this part of the forum, I don't know if this goes here or there. :oops:

Well, I know I said I wouldn't ever attempt RTK10, but the game proved me wrong. As stated in other topics, after playing 9, 10, 11, and 12 fairly extensively, I didn't like 11 or 12 very much and am currently enjoying 10 and 9.

Now that I got my hands on the PC version, I've decided to build upon the existing translation and improve it. There are plenty of officers still untranslated (assuming the one on kongming.net is the actual final version released) and I may take a shot at cleaning things up.

I've learned a lot from my failed attempt at RTK11. First off, I am not going to promise an attempt at a 100% full translation. For now, I'm planning on translating the remaining officers and cleaning up some of the stuff. This also means trying to get stuff to match the English PS2 version wherever I can. I know this will be a bigger project, and I'm also not going to rely on anyone else to help me in order to avoid the situation previously where my attempts crashed in part because of Lezard leaving the site and me getting demoralized. This time, I am taking 100% responsibility for any work done, and I will release improvements as I finish them instead of trying to collect all stuff at once.

With that said, my first order of business will be translating the untranslated officers and nothing more. From there, we'll see.

Here is the most recent patch!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wh503s
Last edited by DreamGoddessLindsey on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

English Patch ver.1.0 Release

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:00 pm

As a gesture of good faith to the community, here is the first release of the patch (ver.1.0). All officer names (many listed with F## or G##) have been translated and finished. Names were taken from the PS2 version directly. No edits were made to existing names, however, so it will be necessary to clean things up a bit next.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/taeovo

This file is also in the first post, and future releases will also be updated in the first post.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

English Patch ver.1.1 Release

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:50 pm

As for another gesture of good faith to the community, I've done another quick update. This time, most skills have been updated to the English version (but abbreviated due to space limitations). Duels and debates have also been cleaned up and translated the rest of the way. :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pofjxb

This file is also in the first post, and future releases will also be updated in the first post.
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

English Patch ver.1.2 Release

Unread postby DreamGoddessLindsey » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Today, I've release a new patch that changes the unit names to their PS2 counterparts. In addition, I fixed a good number of the names, though not without complications.

First, here are whole name groups that were fixed, what they were, and what they are now.

Code: Select all
Dao group
Dao   Dao   Dao
Dao   Deng   Dng

Zao group
Zao   Zhao   Zao
Zao   Cheng   Chg
Zao   Song   Sng
Zao   Meng   Mng
Zao   Zhao   Zao
Zao   Zhao   Zao

Zou group
Zou   Zhuo   Zuo
Zou   Zhou   Zho
Zou   Zou   Zou
Zou   Zhou   Zho

In addition to this, I cleaned up a couple of other things. Unfortunately, because of how the game calls some names, a couple of things are a bit goofed and unfixable. For one, Yang Qiu's name also shared his given name with "Summer", listed as "SU"; I changed SU to Qiu for this purpose, so hopefully the season being called Qiu (which I assume is Chinese or Japanese for "Summer") won't confuse anyone. The other bigger one is Zhang Nan, who shared his given name with "South", listed simply as " S "; I changed it to Nan (which I assume is Chinese or Japanese for "South"), and I hope that doesn't confuse anyone.

By the way, if anyone knows how to make more space for the names, please contact me. Thanks and enjoy!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wh503s
DreamGoddessLindsey
Banned

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods