DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Can you create a tab that lets you change the DP like the AP of weapons? Just wondering.

Need three major fixes to DOAEditor:
1. Need the text space provided in the extra banks. Currently if I try to write text it just garbles it like nobody's business in text bank (10). Is there a way to fix that? I'm out of space in the regular ROM and am starting to shorten/genericify the regular game text to make more room. I need the space to add more story elements and interesting dialogue instead of just 1-liners.

2. Battle closer portraits. I never got a release on this one although I think you fixed it a while back.

3. Need I say, sprite bug? Just change a sprite for one officer, click save then go to another officer w/ a different color sprite. When you select another color and click 'save', it changes the sprite color (but is not visible until you select another officer)
Last edited by sonic.penguin on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 pm

The Inn multipliers are at 0x391b2 + location ID

Looks like the fix is 0x391b2: 01 --> A0

But does that fix work for all the inns?

Fixed! Welcome back! :huohu:

The problem is with the HOC ROM. There are unknown values that are messing up the alignment. Fix those and you fix this issue. Look for officers with "Unknown Hex" as the value and change them to a good value. If you fix them all, next time you open DoaEditor, it should be ok.

Also fixed, I changed ALL the unknown values for both 'soldiers' and 'DP' which was quite an extensive job... but at least it is fixed now, phew :mrgreen:
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Crapola,

I'm blocked from lordyuanshu.com too. I sent LYS a message asking him to fix.

In any case:

New version uploaded (revision 56): http://www.niahak.org/doaed/DoaEditor.zip

Should have fixes for the 3 issues you pointed out. Let me know how it works.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Yeah, this is the 2nd. time I've been white-listed, I don't know how those filters are set but you'd think for sure it wouldn't hit us since were moderators as well.

Will download and test, thanks for checking into it. Currently on Chapter 4, fighting w/ Yuan Shao and trying to switch up the chapter to make 'alternative' paths.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Forgot about this one as well:
Silent de-equipping bug:
Found this one when you exchange a party member. Yes, it de-equips the item, however the armor that is still equipped does not give any defense even though it says it is equipped. It must be de-equipped and re-equipped for it to function and give the AC boost it is supposed to.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:27 am

Whenever I add new text to text bank (10) after the "Reserved for new tactic", the battle text comes up as "eng Po" and not the lines I entered in.

Also, "Strategy" aka "Scout" breaks the game.

Also, when the enemy uses "Life" on one of their allies and it fails (which it still is failing when the enemy uses it on their own allies) they then begin to attack their own allies. Will send you a current copy of the ROM + a savestate that demonstrates this.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Just so you know, my facebook account got hacked and they even changed my recovery email in addition to my password >_>

I don't know if I'll be getting it back but just so you are aware in case fishy posts start showing up.

on bug reports:

Still having a few issues currently:
1. Still having enemy officers attacking themselves.

2. The officer battle portrait is showing correctly in DOAEditor now as of the new update, however, in-game it is not showing the officer selected. For example, the picture below should be Cao Cao:
http://www.4shared.com/download/yqZxfaX ... ?lgfp=3000

3. Tactics using elements are showing elements in their attack sprites.

4. 'Scout' tactic is still broken.

5. The additional text banks... I think this is a code issue on the mod's end. It still says "eng Po" whenever I try to add new text. For the lines that are usable, do you think you could write in a placeholder text such as 'free text.[END]' so I know which ones are usable?
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Acknowledged. So many bugs, such little time. Work has been crazy too. Haven't had much time to breath much less look at this stuff.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:20 am

Yeah and it sucks because Ive been on vacation this week!
Last edited by sonic.penguin on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Still having major issues with text space. If there was something I would say to "tackle first", this would be the order:
1. the extra text space is mandatory at this point.
2. Fixing enemies who try to duel and it fails or use life/raise and it fails then they start attacking themselves. The dueling failure I think has to do with a problem in the "auto-no-fail" code as I have it applied to other tactics and it still fails when used by the enemy.
EDIT: ANY time an enemy uses a 'auto-no fail' tactic it is works like a normal success/fail code based off INT

3. those officer closer portraits which don't show the right face
4. The third being the adding of a new guy to the party and the equipped armor has 0 effect until de-equipped and re-equipped.

On another note, the ROM has made some major strides lately. I've differentiated a LOT of the story in Yuan Shao's area and I've replaced the Jing Zhou section with the conquering of Ma Teng and his family. Ma Chao is dropped from the party immediately after defeating Yuan Shao, I decided not to leave Ma Chao as the Xu Zhe replacement, it was just TOO long to hold onto him until the Jing Zhou area.

Also, the 'Gullwing' tactic borks up the game. It doesn't do a full retreat before asking which location to go to, then when you click on something it freezes.

Also, DOAEditor overwrites the new custom battle music section
http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=23228#p592685

sonic.penguin
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods