DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Life/Raise is pretty integral to the game so I would say there. The other stuff is just annoying at the moment but not super integral. Also, Duel is failing sometimes also.

Next should be fixing the Ling Ling bug as that totally crashes DOAEditor and makes it worse if you try to 'continue' by screwing up everything.

I think having the 'Spoils of War' drop gold/food is what is messing it up. I would leave it to just dropping items, although the "rare" drop list should not include "end-game" weapons like a scimitar >_>

Also, the "Map is loading please wait" dialog box is unnecessary. People can see the loading green bar which is pretty self explanatory. I just hate closing that box every time I click on the tab too soon
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:30 am

Let me know if that warp is possible to fix in Hu Lao Gate. Somehow I must've messed with it and now if it can't be fixed I'll have to delete it entirely if possible.

Not that the last Zhang Fei was 'terrible' but thought I'd give him an update:
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Figured out the sprite bugging.

Clicking "Save" is what changes the palette colors of the sprites to a previously selected color. Effects won't show up until you click on another officer.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:02 pm

I've been sidetracked because we've been planning a big family vacation this summer.

I grabbed 2 lines around the Hu Lao Gate warp and this fixes it:

0x1c470:
0A1D0806760909030D0E010D18750301
06180A04081E720B0106180A04081E73
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks for the fix. It is working now.

No prob, I'll just keep bringing in the bug-con until you get a shot at getting these things worked on. Mod is coming along and I'm making lots of changes to the map to make it the *MOST* accurate in terms of actual story progression like history (although we'll have to knock off Li Jue in Chang An before taking out Lu Bu/Yuan Shu, a compromise I'd say)

Bug Report:
To confirm, yes, the sprites change color to a previously selected sprite color when clicking 'save'. For example, I modify Xu Huang's AP by clicking on 140, Palette 2 (blue/white) then click on Cao Pi and modify his AP to 120, Palette 1 (red/black) and his palette 1 will switch to Palette 2 colors upon clicking save.

On another note, the INN Cost modifier doesn't seem to be working... or at least, its being tempermental. I was having major errors with the Inn by having different multipliers for Xu Zhou and Chang An. It was giving me random numbers and not letting me rest... can't explain it much more than that.

Life/Raise is pretty integral to the game so I would say there. The other stuff is just annoying at the moment but not super integral. Also, Duel is failing sometimes also.

This one is also messing things up badly in addition to the enemy profiles not working via DOAEditor either. I've even had the enemy officers trying to use "Focus" (defend) and fail, officers attempting to duel themselves, Weird stuff!
Edit: More info on this on the next post

For the "Spoils of War" changing it to items only fixed my "invisible" item problem. There is a value missing/glitched that gives a blank slot that is unsellable/droppable.
Edit: More info on this below!

And the closing battle portraits... DOAEditor shows some random officer, and in game it shows the original starting officer. Never got the update on this one.

Found a rather annoying bug by accident. If the last officer in your formation doesn't have any items and you meet certain conditions (like an officer being dead), it says "Officer doesn't have anything". Well, the catch is, is that every time you equip an item to a new officer, it follows the "Officer has X item equipped" with "Officer doesn't have anything." until you give an item to the officer who gave away his last item. Seems like a rather funny way of an officer complaining he gave away all of his cookies. This was fixable by giving an item to the last guy in the formation and the message went away.
Last edited by sonic.penguin on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:43 am

While you're vacationing I thought I'd still keep tabs here. In addition to the above noted bugs I found a few more:

1. Somehow when going to an Inn now, it takes a LONG time for the game to reload after sleeping. I will send you the ROM to check. It happens right after resting.

2. I believe "Duel" has somehow been modified/corrupted and is causing the enemy officers to use 'Focus' (Defend) sometimes when they duel, but not always. This bug is also prevalent in other mods as well and has been reported on lys by zylowolfbane and unfy. Also I have been white listed again >_>
http://www.lordyuanshu.com/forums/topic/mod-rise-of-lu-bu-3-0-beta-downloadable/page/36/#post-53534

3. Also, duel, life, and raise are failing even though they are auto-succeed. This was mentioned above and is making it hard to test considering I can't revive anyone and I never experience the negative effects of Lu Bu trying to duel all the time.

4. Tried using Scout and it funks everything up after using it (or breaks the game) I renamed it to 'Strategy'. You can test it on the ROM as well. Will send it to you. These are the most troubling bugs at the current time.

5. Ran into the "Invisible Item"gained after winning a battle. It might be in the 'rare drops' list as I fixed the normal drop list to drop only common items.

6. An AC table that pulls from the ROM that is editable in DOAEditor would be excellent. The original Cao Cao mod totally borked all the AC values and displayed AC values and I'm still having issues restoring those to the original values. I click on 80 in DOAEditor and in game it reads 10. I can't tell if its from an overflow or not.

-------------------------------------------------

Game is coming along nicely and I'm up to Chapter 3 which is the fight with Lu Bu after Dong Zhuo is gone. It should be totally functional up to that point where the Savestate is as I haven't set the Gullwing to the next location.

I have found some interesting ways to stop progress in certain areas which causes the player to backtrack a bunch, which prevents access to certain 'future' events, like the fight with Zhang Xiu at Wan (former Yang Zhou) won't be accessible until after beating Yuan Shu which prevents players from getting both Guo Jia and Jia Xu for a long time.

The map is also expanded and Qing Zhou is moved further north east as I needed a way to get the forces of Lu Bu into Pu Yang and then to Xia Pi which will only be accessible via a Gullwing after Guan Yu as added to the party. I'm really liking the officer profiles as it is letting me customize officers and restrict tactic access to specific officers, like giving Dian Wei 'Charge' 20 levels before everyone else to make the party heavily dependent on him until he dies.

On another note, Xu Chu will take a battle to recruit (optional) and Hua Xin, and Hao Zhao are going to take some searching to acquire.

Adding Xun Yu to the party is proving difficult to find a use for him. Once you get Xun You, Li Dian, and Cheng Yu, Xun Yu is kind of irrelevant considering you already have officers such as Cao Hong, Cao Ren, Yu Jin, Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, and of course Cao Cao as the other officers.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:12 pm

I actually wasn't on vacation. Was just planning a vacation for this summer.

I fixed the auto succeed thing. It was still doing a success/fail check with auto succeed turned on. Now it skips the success/fail check if auto succeed is on. Changes:

0xeb970:
82C4ADFE611879F0878DFE614C90B900
BDF0832901C901D00BAC3164C0079004
A9008510AC3764600000000000000000
C01DD0034C8B83C01ED0034C8B83C012
D0034C8B834C5DB90000000000000000

Of course please test and let me know.
Last edited by MiDKnighT on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Got it. Thanks for checking into this. Quite a few bugs to ferret out atm.

I fixed the auto succeed thing. It was still doing a success/fail check with auto succeed turned on. Now it skips the success/fail check if auto succeed is on. Changes:

0xeb970:
82C4ADFE611879F0878DFE614C90B900
BDF0832901C901D00BAC3164C0079004
A9008510AC3764600000000000000000
B9F08310034C8B834C5DB90000000000

Is this prevalent in the other versions aka will it affect the other mods?
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Hehe, when I used Salve it attacked my guy and killed him instead of healing :P
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:12 pm

sonic.penguin wrote:Is this prevalent in the other versions aka will it affect the other mods?

No it's only for expanded tactics (1.3).

sonic.penguin wrote:Hehe, when I used Salve it attacked my guy and killed him instead of healing :P

Is that only after the last fix?

EDIT: Ya it is. I need to edit my fix.
MiDKnighT
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods