DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Understood but yes, please do some more testing and let me know.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Playing with ROM editing I found another bug with villager/text that I need to fix. Will get that one done soon.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Will have some time to tinker with it a lot tomorrow. Editing the text has been the MOST pervasive in terms of bugs. There is one that Niahak actually injected that changes the text line AFTER the one you edit and reverting the text you edited to the pre-edited line. It's weird and makes it hard to edit the text via the text editor. I wish there were an easier way to edit the text and know how many characters were left in each bank before it was full because it's all guess and check atm, hoping I don't run out of space.

Cao Pi Upgrade:
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:07 pm

The fact that we can edit text at all is pretty amazing. DoaE text is pretty cryptic with it's own dictionary and such.

As for the feature to know how much room is left in the text bank, this is very doable. I could add a button to do it. Another thing I need to is really open up the expanded text banks. There's plenty more space that we aren't using yet.
Last edited by MiDKnighT on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Cool. Have you had trouble using life/raise successfully? I have it marked as auto-succeed but it's failing to resurrect people.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm

sonic.penguin wrote:Cool. Have you had trouble using life/raise successfully? I have it marked as auto-succeed but it's failing to resurrect people.

Nope, if it's a major issue you can send me a save state and all. Someone ran into some bad bugs with the Yuan Shao mod so I'm trying to patch it up to 1.3 and fix it. So I'll be playing with DoaEditor a lot and finding my own bugs for a change :D

If I run into that in my testing I'll fix it.

BTW - did you ever get back onto the LYS forums? I think LYS said he re-instated u.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Nope, if it's a major issue you can send me a save state and all. Someone ran into some bad bugs with the Yuan Shao mod so I'm trying to patch it up to 1.3 and fix it. So I'll be playing with DoaEditor a lot and finding my own bugs for a change

Heh, it's about time! I don't think you posted the latest version so I'm still getting that sprite color bug and battle portraits aren't going in right.

Also, I can check out LYS and see if its fixed.

Edit: Fixed!
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Heh, it's about time! I don't think you posted the latest version so I'm still getting that sprite color bug and battle portraits aren't going in right.

Battle portrait display will be fixed in the next uploaded version.

Sprite color bug? Again? You have to tell me exactly how you're testing it so I can fix.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Here is the life/raise bug:

Should be present on the last version you have. Just walk out of the house, talk to zhang shi ping for +1 level, let one of the officers who is not the tactician die and try to revive.

On another note:
Ludmeister's "Spoils of War" in the current patched form is broken. Not only are items that are dropped sometimes "blank" and unsellable, but as awesome as it is having a Scimitar drop in Chapter 2 entirely breaks the ROM as it allows indefinite 1-shotting of everything through the entire game until later chapters.

On a third note:
Tactics need to be pulled from the profile page now, not the table that comes w/ the rom currently. Too many different profiles and tactics make it hard to "guesstimate" the tactics.

On a fourth note:

The chests in caves I think are working properly. Might have been a savestate issue before when it wasn't working.

On a fifth note:

Also, clicking through the 'places' tab and got this one upon clicking on the "Find Sword at Ling LIng" menu
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at DoaEditor.MainForm.ConvertsValToColor(Int32 value, String btype, String stype, Byte spbyte) in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.cs:line 1323
at DoaEditor.MainForm.ConvertToBitmap(Byte[] data, Int32 width, Int32 height, String btype, String stype, Byte spbyte) in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.cs:line 1278
at DoaEditor.MainForm.LoadSpriteBank(Int32 startIndex, Int32 pagespritenum, String who, Byte spbyte) in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.cs:line 1215
at DoaEditor.MainForm.LoadSprites(Byte[] entireRom, Int32 spritenum, String who, Byte spbyte) in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.cs:line 917
at DoaEditor.MainForm.displayvSprite(Int32 spritenum) in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.Places.cs:line 906
at DoaEditor.MainForm.villagernum_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.Places.cs:line 551
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at DoaEditor.MainForm.LoadVillagers() in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.Places.cs:line 536
at DoaEditor.MainForm.placesList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\mpolaski\Documents\DOAE\DOAE_Editor_Source\DoaEditor\MainForm.Places.cs:line 1020
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

On a sixth note:
The soldier calculator is starting to calculate using a value that is +50 soldiers above what it is actually set to be:

On a 32nd note:

Enemy profiles check-boxes aren't doing what they're supposed to do which is set up the probabilities of using specific attacks/tactics. I set up a guy to use exclusively duels (aka specified slot) but he just acts randomly using attacks and tactics and yes, they have the tactic learned and yes I double checked to make sure it was set to that slot
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Ahh! Overload! I'll take these on one at a time starting tonight. What should I work on first? The life thing?

And the spoils of war thing isn't even mine but I doubt we'll be able to pull Lud out of retirement on that one...
MiDKnighT
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods