DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:59 pm

New version uploaded (revision 54): http://www.niahak.org/doaed/DoaEditor.zip

Changes:
- Battle portrait selector enhancement supported
- All items get an icon, default icon is the pouch
- Restart DoaEditor automatically after patching or when stacking ROMs
- Adding all coins and food items to items list
- Portrait library bug fix (adding a new lib portrait was sometimes overwriting ROM portraits)
- bug fix with portrait bg palette editing
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:45 am

Okay, so playing with it a bit I still seemed to have a sprite color swap issue! Argh!

Also, the colors for backgrounds in the battle page are displaying different than the actual colors too, but not sure if this affects anything.

Selecting an officer in the battle menu is picking all sorts of random portraits as well... not sure why this is happening but it's not "showing" the officer selected.... like its pulling from the library or something.

Another attempted "New Look" on Zhou Yu

sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Also, concerning Fire and Water tactics, the graphic being displayed in game is the 'attack' graphic, even though the tactic is marked as "fire" or "water" respectively
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:09 am

Moving warps around inside of Hu Lao gate totally funked everything up. I had to use one of those handy-dandy backups!
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 am

Using the go-to warp feature doesn't work 100% of the time. Sometimes it sends me to random locations.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Okay, so playing with it a bit I still seemed to have a sprite color swap issue! Argh!

Also, the colors for backgrounds in the battle page are displaying different than the actual colors too, but not sure if this affects anything.

I realized a major oops this weekend. I was writing the color to 0x7c### then adding 0x40000 to it to write to the 2nd location when I should have been adding 0x80000 to it. That messes up saving sprite colors and bg colors. Will fix that.

Selecting an officer in the battle menu is picking all sorts of random portraits as well... not sure why this is happening but it's not "showing" the officer selected....

I don't know what's going on here. I haven't seen that. Do you have a series of steps that causes this?

like its pulling from the library or something.

No definitely not that. Not sure how well you can read code but if you want to see what it's doing see: http://www.dev.niahak.org/DoaEditor/ --> MainForm.Battles.cs

Also, concerning Fire and Water tactics, the graphic being displayed in game is the 'attack' graphic, even though the tactic is marked as "fire" or "water" respectively

Hmm, I thought setting fire/water in that tactic table would address this. I haven't really looked at that part of the game much. Will check it.

Moving warps around inside of Hu Lao gate totally funked everything up.

I'm thinking there might be extra bits in the warp address that need to be saved. Will have to re-do the way warps are saved if that's the case.

EDIT: Found the problem. It was treating those warps like cave warps.

Using the go-to warp feature doesn't work 100% of the time. Sometimes it sends me to random locations.

I need an example for this. Which warp did this happen with?

EDIT: If this was a warp you moved, it could be due to the bug above. Unfortunately the warp and the one after might be screwed up and require manual fixing.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Uploaded a new version with the warp fix, portrait bg fix, sprite color fix --> http://www.niahak.org/doaed/DoaEditor.zip

Unfortunately warps you have moved since the cave moving feature was added might be corrupt and require manual fixing (along with the warp right after).

Haven't looked at the fire sprite thing yet but that's probably an IPS patch / ROM issue not a DoaEditor issue.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:01 pm

I don't know what's going on here. I haven't seen that. Do you have a series of steps that causes this?

See below and note, that the battle closer is NOT Lu Zhi's portrait. This is the last version (54) of DOAEditor so the BG colors are purple instead of yellow also.

Lu Zhi's portrait:

Unfortunately warps you have moved since the cave moving feature was added might be corrupt and require manual fixing (along with the warp right after).

Haven't looked at the fire sprite thing yet but that's probably an IPS patch / ROM issue not a DoaEditor issue.

I just used one of those handy backups and just nixed the changes I made as I figured this would mess things up and would be more trouble fixing than it was worth.

Not sure how well you can read code but...

Taking a poke at my coding ignorance eh? :lol:
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:47 pm

See below and note, that the battle closer is NOT Lu Zhi's portrait.

OK got that one. It was pulling the portrait bank number of the 1st battle officer instead of the one selected. Your game will still display the right portrait though so this was a minor bug. Will be fixed in next version.

I just used one of those handy backups and just nixed the changes I made as I figured this would mess things up and would be more trouble fixing than it was worth.

It should be safe to move warps in r55 but def not r53 or r54.

Taking a poke at my coding ignorance eh? :lol:

Nah but come to think of it, I should put more comments on the code so that others can follow the logic.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:55 pm

I'll still be leary about changing warps until I can do more testing. Probably won't be doing TONS of changes inbetween changing those as they seem so sensitive to the game progression. Nothing worse than going to talk to the Emperor and..... BAM, you're in 'Neverland'
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods