DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Unread postby Boneduke » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Nice! As usual - huge thanks - so glad to know these problems aren't major ones. Yangzhou in particular is nice to have working, since its tied to a gullwing.

Yes I would love to promote this one on facebook group etc - no idea how soon it will be finished tho, so far I've just worked on map and storyline/text - still need to balance generals, battles etc - as well as tactics, profiles, weapons/armor - so much to do! Maybe a couple more months. But will put together some preview screenshots :)
Boneduke
Tyro

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Boneduke wrote:Nice! As usual - huge thanks - so glad to know these problems aren't major ones. Yangzhou in particular is nice to have working, since its tied to a gullwing.

Yes I would love to promote this one on facebook group etc - no idea how soon it will be finished tho, so far I've just worked on map and storyline/text - still need to balance generals, battles etc - as well as tactics, profiles, weapons/armor - so much to do! Maybe a couple more months. But will put together some preview screenshots :)

Yes there is so much you can do with ROMs these days. Niahak and I have tried to make it so that DoaEditor can save a lot of time trying to figure out stuff with hex editing, etc... but there is still so much you can change.

That said, please let me know if you hit any bugs with the ROM or with DoaEditor. My goal last time I worked on them was to get them stable and kill bugs. I think I'm done doing any major enhancements, at least for a while because of the chance of introducing new bugs.
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby Boneduke » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 pm

MiDKnighT wrote:That said, please let me know if you hit any bugs with the ROM or with DoaEditor. My goal last time I worked on them was to get them stable and kill bugs. I think I'm done doing any major enhancements, at least for a while because of the chance of introducing new bugs.

DOAEditor is really stable, it only occasionally crashes for me, I think usually when I am doing some map editing and click around too quickly. But it happens so infrequently, I just save often and it hasn't been any issue. Next time I'll grab the log info though.

ROM-wise I just have a couple bugs at the moment:

the Inn is completely broken. When it gets to the point in the text where the innkeeper tells you how much it will cost, my emulator always crashes.
Sometimes when trying to put an officer into billeting, I get a message that I have 64 officers in storage and I can't add anymore. But there's only 5 or 6 people in there. But that only happens occasionally. Firing an officer in there seems to reset the counter and it works normally after that.
In most games, early on (level 4 or so), when I level up the tactic power goes haywire - starts telling me MTP is like 584,250 etc. But in game it seems to display the normal/expected value.

I think thats about it. Aside from the Fushui/Yangzhou problem I was having. Not sure if DOAEditor has inadvertantly caused these issues or if its from my own manual hex editing. Seen anything like those in the past?
Boneduke
Tyro

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm

For the inn thing there was one corrupted value.

Inn Fix:

0x391D0: "8A" --> "85"

For the billeting thing and the level up thing I'd need to get a save state right before it happens.
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby Boneduke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Awesome, thank you for the inn fix. That will help a ton when I get to the point of play testing and balancing.

Here is some screenshots! I haven't settled on a name, but it is a Wei oriented mod.

Completely redesigned map - Xuzhou now has a natural moat!

The last remnants of the Yellow Scarves have to be quashed at Runan.

All town maps completely redesigned as well - here a townsperson hints at a local champion.

Building interiors updated too.

Xiliang must be conquered!

Even though it isn't the most opulent city.

Sample fortress redesign.

Yuan Shao's Yecheng features three palaces - extravagence!

The redoubtable Lu Bu of course makes an appearance.

As do lesser generals...

Wu is even rumoured to have an island kingdom

Guandu.

New caves and new cave battles.

The citizens of Hanzhong built a sturdy wall to keep out Liu Bei and his thugs

This valley looks like a good place for an ambush

The Land of Rivers is much more rivery

Bazhou in Shu

That big-eared, mat-weaving bumpkin must be stopped!

I still have a ton to do, but its coming! Thanks again for all the help.
Boneduke
Tyro

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Looks great! I shared it on the DOAE Mods Facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/Destiny-of-an- ... 3821595523
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby Boneduke » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Hehe good to see theres healthy interest in this game still! I better work faster lol
Boneduke
Tyro

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Boneduke wrote:Hehe good to see theres healthy interest in this game still! I better work faster lol

Ya, is cool to see so much interest out there. You'll get plenty of feedback on your ROM I'm sure once you release it!
MiDKnighT
Master

Unread postby Boneduke » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 am

Been working hard redesigning caves lately...

Deep within White Wolf Mountain...

The way forward is clear

An underground river

A chance for some loot

Zhuge Liang's Cave maze

Zhuge Liang is a slippery customer...

Darknesses!

Finally...made it!
Boneduke
Tyro

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:43 pm