DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:27 pm

sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby HeiYu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:18 am

Game still in development? Starting a second run; random drops are fun! Left Chen Liu and headed south to the cave to loot the chest. Attacked by end game super bandits in the cave. RUN AWAY but bravely like Monty Python. Enemies drop a Downfall.
Nothing like Cao Ren rocking a 240 power weapon from Level 1.
Presently invading Yuan Shao and still one-shotting everyone, though to be fair I see it as turnabout as I commonly get one-shotted as well. At least his multi-attack is only 100 ish damage so he isn't cleaning the board solo.
OmniMech bumper sticker: Some Assembly Required
HeiYu
Tyro

Unread postby Boneduke » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:37 am

Yeah I wanna make a new version, honestly I worked on that release for ~2 years, just enjoying a break. But for sure will do an updated big version. Got a lot of things on the to-do list.

And yes one of the issues with caves...they don't have an assigned chapter for enemies - they just assume the chapter of the most recent battle. For whatever reason, the original ROM was such that if you entered a cave before having any random encounter, the cave would be level 8 enemies rather than level 1. Was aware of this in the original ROM design, assumed that most folks would at least have one random encounter before reaching the cave south of Xuchang. You're probably pretty lucky to 1) reach the cave without having a random battle and 2) actually get a drop from running away. Hopefully in the future we can get an update to spoils of war that eliminates the possibility of a random drop from running...
Boneduke
Student

Previous

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods