DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Use this forum to discuss hex-editing or otherwise altering any Three Kingdoms game, and to promote modded titles and patches.

Re: DOAEditor and Romhacking for Destiny of an Emperor

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Thu May 31, 2018 3:16 pm

OK found a problem with the officer leave event. There was a typo on one of the values.

Fix:
0xF404F: "08" -> "F8"

I tested the last event and it seemed to work.

In your ROM you also didn't have officer 15 in the list:

There is a list at 0xF4200 where you would put the officer IDs for the generals you want to leave for each event.
The events are:
[EVENT-903F] (general ID: 0xF4200)
[EVENT-963F] (general ID: 0xF4201)
[EVENT-9C3F] (general ID: 0xF4202)
[EVENT-A23F] (general ID: 0xF4203)
[EVENT-A83F] (general ID: 0xF4204)
[EVENT-AE3F] (general ID: 0xF4205)
[EVENT-B43F] (general ID: 0xF4206)
[EVENT-BA3F] (general ID: 0xF4207)
[EVENT-C03F] (general ID: 0xF4208)
[EVENT-C63F] (general ID: 0xF4209)
[EVENT-CC3F] (general ID: 0xF420A)
[EVENT-D23F] (general ID: 0xF420B)

After the fix I tested event C03F and D23F with officer 15 in 0xF4208 and 0xF420B and both worked.
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby Boneduke » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm

MiDKnighT wrote:Sorry for the delay. I have to be in the right mindset to enter the he11 known as 6502 assembly code and I haven't been there in a while...

Oh no worries at all! I can totally appreciate that. I just opened a restaurant this month and have been extremely busy leading up to that, havent had much time I'd like to work on this ROM anyway :) but its so close to completion, really want to give it one last push and get a working v1.0 available for feedback.

I think there is one or two other issues still needing to be dealt with - will implement these fixes here and then follow up on that. The one i remember is occasionally the game claims that I have 64 warlords in billeting when there's actually plenty of room and then as a consequence doesnt allow removing any officers from the party. Found that one to be occasionally game-breaking as it doesnt allow to put someone in the party who is needed to advane the story - really annoying to get half way through the game and the suddenly stuck

Anyways - will follow up with what I think is the remainder of outstanding bugs - no rush of course to look at them, just happy to know that they might be resolved "eventually" is good enough for me hehe. And will let you know how implementing these 2 fixes goes
Boneduke
Initiate

Unread postby Boneduke » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:25 pm

MiDKnighT wrote:OK found a problem with the officer leave event. There was a typo on one of the values.

Fix:
0xF404F: "08" -> "F8"

I tested the last event and it seemed to work.

In your ROM you also didn't have officer 15 in the list:

Ok so implemented the healing tactic fix and looks like that one worked - will keep an eye on it, as it never seemed to happen on every use of the tactic, but always consistently at certain points. In total I have 7 heal tactics, will do some further testing to see if they are all behaving without that bug now. Thanks!!

But I didnt have any luck with the officer leave event. In my ROM the value of 0xF404F is currently "E0" not "08". I tried changing this one to F8 as it says above, but still have the same behavior - after [EVENT-C03F] the officer I have specified in 0xF4208 is still lingering around. Was it a different location than 0xF404F that should be updated? I tried changing the only instance of "08" in that general area to "F8" but not surprisingly, no luck hehe
Boneduke
Initiate

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Sorry I had the address wrong. It should be:

0xF40FF: "08" -> "F8"
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby Boneduke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:25 pm

MiDKnighT wrote:Sorry I had the address wrong. It should be:

0xF40FF: "08" -> "F8"

Awesome, tested & working! Thanks again!
Boneduke
Initiate

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:07 pm

New Bugz:

First problem I think is similar to the issue I had with yangzhou warp before (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=23421&start=270#p611306). In this case, when I try to enter castle in Hanzhong (Chengdu in original ROM), I'm getting the wrong graphics loaded. World graphics load instead of Castle ones.

One bad value found...

0x3BFA8: "03" --> "33"
MiDKnighT
Sage

Unread postby Boneduke » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:08 pm

Hanzhong castle works perfectly again - thank you!!
Boneduke
Initiate

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Ah, better late than never getting these bugs fixed MiDKnighT. Sadly they are what caused me to quit on the Hero of Chaos mod as all officer leave events got destroyed, even the regular ones in game. Glad to see you guys keeping the flame going on modding though. Boneduke, I would enjoy playing your mod once it is complete.

Have you created a new all-in-one patcher to DOAEditor to fix these bugs?
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Boneduke » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 am

sonic.penguin wrote:Boneduke, I would enjoy playing your mod once it is complete.

Oh man I can't wait til you all have a chance to play my mod, been at it for 2 years now and I'm so close to being finished - just balancing the last chapter now and after a few odds and ends - it'll be good to go.

Was there ever someone who recorded and put on youtube their play-throughs of DOAE ROMs? I feel like I heard about it before... For me that would be the ultimate - after putting so much time into a ROM it would be so awesome to watch someone play it and hear their reactions to it- fingers crossed maybe some day hehe
Boneduke
Initiate

Unread postby MiDKnighT » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:23 am

sonic.penguin wrote:Ah, better late than never getting these bugs fixed MiDKnighT. Sadly they are what caused me to quit on the Hero of Chaos mod as all officer leave events got destroyed, even the regular ones in game. Glad to see you guys keeping the flame going on modding though. Boneduke, I would enjoy playing your mod once it is complete.

Have you created a new all-in-one patcher to DOAEditor to fix these bugs?

No no all in one patcher yet. I have to refresh my memory on how to even update DoaEditor.

Work has been bad this week so haven't been able to look at some of the other bugs.

And troubleshooting 6502 assembly code bugs are not easy. :cry:
MiDKnighT
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Three Kingdoms Game Editing & Mods